Khajiit remodding - human cat style (anime like)

dalira

Probably best to just ignore all the haters, it's a waste of space and clutters up our thread.

We could compromise and make the Khajiit look like Thundercats. Just kidding.

Before I get to the ignoring, all of the people who keep coming in here and talking about anime need to gtfo to their Conan the barbarian threads. Alternatively, they need to go back to asking the same requests 90 times over (Hurr. Can has dragon form? Can get Fallout style dismemberment? SEX MOD PLEASE!? ENCHANTING IS OVERPOWERED!?)

No really though, wanting a half or quarter or part Khajiit mod, or a mod to make the Khajiit less creepy and more humanoid is completely valid, arguments toward fluff are pointless and just asking for a fight, besides, we have the Ohmer, who while humanoid, still had tails. We get it, you don't like Japanese styled things. But frankly, you're just making fools out of yourselves.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(the type of "anime" mods you dont like) and pikachu mods, but you dont see me going into those threads repeatedly...

Your avatar is an example of crappy anime, imho. So why do you say you don't like something you have as your pic?

This is the first thread I have bothered for something like this, and I just thought I would say I think it is stupid and a waste of time that could be better spent on lore friendly mods.

I just find it very odd, people's fascination with that style.

Anyway, good luck getting your mod made.

... this is about constructive criticism and or helping in creating other mods. Not telling others that it is a complete waist of time. Yes you can have your own opinions... but please keep them to your-self if you have nothing good to say on the subject. And FYI her pic is awesome :P

I don't think the Khajiit have ever looked better, but I knew the anime stuff would come. I'm sure it won't be long before this is made. Lore-wise it makes sense anyway. I'd like to see the opposite, more beastial Khajiit, lion-ish. Pretty sure those "exist" as well.

Yeah, if anything the "humans with ears and tails" type should be in addition to the khajiit that are already there, not a replacement, if you want a lore friendly version.

Why would you want that sort of khajiit though? This is a fantasy world, a world where you can let your imagination run wild, why limit yourself to making everyone look exactly like humans? Same faces, same skin, let some people be truly alien - like the argonians and khajiit who look absolutely perfect in this game.

Besides, yeah, the stereotypical anime style is incredibly creepy - wide-set huge eyes with tiny mouths - and making everyone look extremely young... I don't know. It give me a pedo vibe. This game wasn't made for an anime style, it was made for a western style, and for those praising the japanese mods, none ever came close to matching the best of the western mods, like OOO, Martigan's, Supreme Magicka, Natural Environments or anything else really. The anime style doesn't need to be applied to everything, and in my opinion there couldn't be a worse match for an anime style than a more serious-looking game like Skyrim. If you put an anime mod to this game or change the graphical style... you're basically ruining the game for yourself, and making it a pale shadow of what it once was. While I can't stop you from wanting to apply a mod like this to your game, I can strongly recommend against it, and hope that one day, you see that artistic styles are chosen for a reason.

You wouldn't want Craig McCracken doing the artwork for Batman, now would you?

Yeah, if anything the "humans with ears and tails" type should be in addition to the khajiit that are already there, not a replacement, if you want a lore friendly version.

Why would you want that sort of khajiit though? This is a fantasy world, a world where you can let your imagination run wild, why limit yourself to making everyone look exactly like humans?

Because I don't want to be a furry. For that matter I also don't want to be an elf whose face is indistinguishable from a fat guy's ass. If I'm going to spend 100+ hours staring at the backside of a block of pixels, I want it to be a nice looking block of pixels. That's why I never ever play male PCs when I can roll a girl instead.

Besides, yeah, the stereotypical anime style is incredibly creepy - wide-set huge eyes with tiny mouths - and making everyone look extremely young... I don't know. It give me a pedo vibe.

Saito does not appreciate your extreme generalizing. He strongly recommends that you watch some anime before you pass judgement on it.

Why would you want that sort of khajiit though? This is a fantasy world, a world where you can let your imagination run wild, why limit yourself to making everyone look exactly like humans?

Because I don't want to be a furry. For that matter I also don't want to be an elf whose face is indistinguishable from a fat guy's ass. If I'm going to spend 100+ hours staring at the backside of a block of pixels, I want it to be a nice looking block of pixels. That's why I never ever play male PCs when I can roll a girl instead.

Besides, yeah, the stereotypical anime style is incredibly creepy - wide-set huge eyes with tiny mouths - and making everyone look extremely young... I don't know. It give me a pedo vibe.

Saito does not appreciate your extreme generalizing. He strongly recommends that you watch some anime before you pass judgement on it.

Dude, you're going to pull a character from Kenshin to play anime cred? I said the stereotypical style, not the style that goes across all series, and if you look at many other characters from that very show you have the style I mentioned.

I've seen plenty of anime. Nine out of ten are terrible. That doesn't mean that I don't adore the Universal Century gundam series, mindless super robot shows like GaoGaiGar and Gurren Lagann, great shows like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC and Baccano and it certainly doesn't mean that VPD: Bloodlust isn't one of my favorite films of all time... but these shows are in the minority, just like in the rest of the world. Anime is an art style or a point of origin, the name has no bearing on the quality of the piece and the sheer number of anime shows from japan does mean that the average anime IS terrible.

This quote though:

Because I don't want to be a furry. For that matter I also don't want to be an elf whose face is indistinguishable from a fat guy's ass.

You realize that furry is a subjective term, right? Pretty much anything under the sun can be considered furry so long as it has both human and animal features, including neko characters like the ones this thread wants to replace khajiit. To a lot of people actually, characters with animal ears and tails are furries as well as more animalistic characters.

Personally though, for a gritty fantasy world, I can't understand why anyone would want this:

http://www.bishibooru.com/_images/686afcaf71572474ff83d6b1ec086c5d/59125%20-%20armband%20blond_hair%20brown_eyes%20cat_ears%20gloves%20hellsing%20nazi%20necktie%20schrodinger.jpg

instead of this:

http://www.buybaby.com/images/lion-man-lg.jpg

The former is incredibly out of place, where the latter is not.

I generally dislike anime, but that doesn't matter. For me it's mostly the crap dialogue anyway. Plenty of people love it, there will be anime-style mods aplenty, and no one will be forced to use them. There will be all sorts of mods that do not make sense in the Elder Scrolls universe.

You realize that furry is a subjective term, right? Pretty much anything under the sun can be considered furry so long as it has both human and animal features, including neko characters like the ones this thread wants to replace khajiit. To a lot of people actually, characters with animal ears and tails are furries as well as more animalistic characters.

Under that definition normal humans can be called furries because we have simian characteristics.

My definition of furry is any animal critter that is less than 50% human. Your standard catgirl with ears and tail and no paws or fur anywhere is about 10% furry, while the regular Khajiit are 99% furry; the only human trait they have is that they're bipedal. The Tabaxi are about 65-70% furry. Felicia from Darkstalkers is about 50-60% furry, and she's just short the line where the catgirl look stops being cute and attractive to me.

Personally though, for a gritty fantasy world, I can't understand why anyone would want this:

instead of this:

The former is incredibly out of place, where the latter is not.

You presume that people care whether it's out of place or not. Not everyone is a lore enthusiast.