[Help] CTD everytime I hit/damage me, NPCs or an Enemy. ( All info included :/ )

ROoonneth

nope. no warnings or exclamations sings. no overwrite either.

(don't want to take your time but is there any chance that we might talk in a chat or something:/ post by post is taking too much time from you. i'm sorry for the troubles. really)

Windows 10 already checked the memory stability and got it working for days before this ctd started to happens :/

Not sure if they are strictly combat mode but:

using Mod Organizer categories founded under Combat:

Deadly combat

VioLens

Edited by ROoonneth

Hello,

• Deadly combat is a mod that can cause some problems, see recommandations in : dangerous mods list.
  • <sort of stable game with CTDs every 2-3 hours that I simply don't know what cause them but it was ok for me> it may simply be related to what you're asking to your specs. Your mods require much resources and you may have to restart the computer every 2-3 hours to reset RAM, cache, etc... + use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled and uninstall the memory patch from skse.ini. Crash fixes will manage the memory part and add some anti crash locks and skse will manage only the script extension. This should provide you more stability.
  • <SO, I had a (kind of) working game until I decided to install **Fores Idle mod** to use more movements and animations etc.
    And after installing them, sneaked a giant frostbite spider with an arrow and bam! CTD.
    after that, everytime I hit or damage anything, or probably, anything gets hited or damaged with something, **CTD.**> make sure everything is installed properly and that you use compatible animations / skeleton and mods, (I bet the issue is around that). Uninstall (at least temporarilly) what the "little voice in your head tells you is the problem", and test in game. If necessary
  • Have you done this step ? <Quote from FNIS = Goto to your Skyrim Installation directory(usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim), and from there to Data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users. Start GenerateFNISforUsers.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR (part of FNIS Behavior, and ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, or NOTHING works>

Good luck.

Ok. found something (before looking at your post darstyler. i'll do what you say rightaway).

Disabled the localisational damage on MCM for Deadly Combat. (the dangerous list said that this feature was unstable .didn't noticed that. so yeah. disabled)

Loaded a savegame: I was able to kill 1 NPCs, nothing happened, then hited i bthe face another and CTD.

Loaded again: I was able to kill 2 NPCs from the back while they were walking (Stab them) so I guess, they didn't "notice" me, then slashed a 3rd from the side and I guess, he noticed me. inmidiately CTD.

So it's something about behaviour of changing aliniations/unfriend by NPCs (and animals, giants etc everything) with me. or something.

EDIT: Not sure if Deadly Combat is related to this behaviour pattern but it didn't change anything. Still crashing after hitting/triggering an enemy by proximity.

Regarding the cleaner, All my Saves are "corrupted" (if that term can apply to this bug) I even tried a new savegame but crashed somewhere during the beheading/dragon appearance on the beginning, not sure what exactly triggered the CTD but it's clearly a fighting behaviour thing.

PS: ...for a moment thought of making all the modding again. from the beginning but i'm afraid i don't have that much time (studying a Master's degree, so not much time lol). Just want to burn all the available the options. it could save me so many hours that i don't have. :sad: now it's 4AM here. im tired. can't continue but will check back tomorrow and try the precedure you sugested, darstylerr. i'll do it the faster I can. Thanks and plz standby.

Edited by ROoonneth

Hello,

• Deadly combat is a mod that can cause some problems, see recommandations in : dangerous mods list.
  • <sort of stable game with CTDs every 2-3 hours that I simply don't know what cause them but it was ok for me> it may simply be related to what you're asking to your specs. Your mods require much resources and you may have to restart the computer every 2-3 hours to reset RAM, cache, etc... + use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled and uninstall the memory patch from skse.ini. Crash fixes will manage the memory part and add some anti crash locks and skse will manage only the script extension. This should provide you more stability.
  • <SO, I had a (kind of) working game until I decided to install **Fores Idle mod** to use more movements and animations etc.

And after installing them, sneaked a giant frostbite spider with an arrow and bam! CTD.

after that, everytime I hit or damage anything, or probably, anything gets hited or damaged with something, **CTD.**> make sure everything is installed properly and that you use compatible animations / skeleton and mods, (I bet the issue is around that). Uninstall (at least temporarilly) what the "little voice in your head tells you is the problem", and test in game. If necessary

• Have you done this step ? <Quote from FNIS = Goto to your Skyrim Installation directory(usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim), and from there to Data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users. Start GenerateFNISforUsers.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR (part of FNIS Behavior, and ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, or NOTHING works>

Good luck.

• Deadly Combat removed for good.
  • regarding the Memory Patch you mean that I have to remove this from the

SKSE folder on MO folder? just that?

(the SKSE.ini)

[General]
    ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
    [Memory]
    DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
    ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

• Animation/skeleton mods. I uninstalled all FNIS (Following Gamerspoets tutorials of uninstalling) but the problem is persisting. Don't know to what it might be related but I insist that my Guts are telling me its something regarding how NPCs respond to aggression or Enemy reaction.

• GenerateFNISforUsers.exe : I used to install and uninstall the mod as well (GamersPoets tutorial). No error prompt appeared so I guess it worked the way it should have. but still. CTD.

<for a moment thought of making all the modding again. from the beginning but i'm afraid i don't have that much time (studying a Master's degree, so not much time lol). Just want to burn all the available the options. it could save me so many hours that i don't have.> problem is that we are struggling about issues that are related to the mods you have installed and uninstalled. The time invested and to be invested could be more than building a new game based on healthy modding practices. Your papyrus log contains a bunch of lines concerning spamming scripts bound to not loaded / uninstalled mods like this : BonAppetitBase.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded. I didn't count but it seems there are dozens and dozens uninstalled mods in this log, be aware that such practices will, at term lead to unstability and make your game unplayable, because you probably didn't stop the mod using a console command / MCM menu or didn't stop the related quests and everything is in your savegame. Since the beginning you may have used the script cleaners to erase the orphans but with automated cleaning, will it be enough ?

• You may try this troubleshooting guide to go further removing scripts.
  • <I insist that my Guts are telling me its something regarding how NPCs respond to aggression or Enemy reaction.> You may try a selective loading, (no guarantee it will work) for purpose testing, only to eventually find a mod (s) that is causing your problem and then uninstall it. Deactivate ALL your mods and test in game. If it worked, increase the loading mods untill you find the culprit. If the problem persists, use the script cleaner to remove orphan scripts and test in game, (make sure it makes a backup). We are removing scripts from the mods you removed, but also from mods you still have installed; it will probably break the mods. If it worked, activate 50% of your mods beginning by the esm, use the cleaner and load the backup save the script cleaner made previously. Test in game and increase the loading mods by chunk of 10-20 repeating the cleaning process and loading the backup save untill the end of the load order. IF you find the culprit, you may uninstall it and use the cleaning process with all your other mods activated, always using the backup save. (Just to be sure, in regard of what I wrote above, that you clean only the scripts of the culprit and permanently uninstalled mods and not cleaning the scripts of the mods you are using)
  • <regarding the Memory Patch you mean that I have to remove this from the SKSE folder on MO folder? just that?> If you install crash fixes and let it manage the memory patch you must open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini. (I don't know where it's located with MO). Simply delete these two lines under [Memory]
    DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
    ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
  • You may simply give up and start a new game with a clean install. In this matter, I strongly suggest :
  1. Make skyrim vanilla again.
  2. Don't install any mod at first and use an efficient guide to build your game : STEP.
  3. Use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled.
  4. Install ENBOOST >> ENB graphics / ENB haxx.

Well.the truth is, a New game, new skyrim, clean modded Skyrim was a less time cxonsuming. in 2 days was able to get back a ready -to-mod new Skyrim.

Following Neovalen's guide from STEP. it's a more upd-to-date version of STEP and it looks quite stable and nice. so yeah.
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition#Prerequisites

I'll start modding it now. Hope not to break this one. At least im not having the isue anymore. (Killed some NPCs...got killed by the Guards in Riverrun. Life is good again)

I'll update when i have a conciderable amount well planned list of mods.

Any suggestions fora good combination of mods. im looking for immersive, real combat, crafting, smarter AI and better skeletons game-build.

Skyrim Redone or Perkus Maximus? or none?

<Any suggestions fora good combination of mods.> none from me concerning mods combination, just some tips :

1. Use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled. Memory blocks log will help to refine memory settings. Use skse but with no memory patch. this should offer more stability.
  2. Install ENBOOST >> ENB graphics / ENB haxx.
  3. Make sure you're using the latest USLEEP instead of the obsolete unofficial patches. If some of your old mods require them, you may use the USLEEP swap masters.
  4. Make sure you're using the good mods >> Dangerous mods list.
  5. Use L.O.O.T once and click on the "sort plugins buttons".
  6. Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page. You may use this updated guide to clean your masters. It contains the same automated cleaning procedure as Gopher explains in his video + repeating once for Dawnguard.esm + some selective manual cleaning.
  7. The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.
  8. Create a wryebash patch including leveled lists.
  9. Create a merged patch with Tesedit excluding leveled lists
  10. How things work in Tes5edit : load order / conflict looser - winner / Forwarding / adding as a master. More specifically, you may create a manual patch between two or more mods.
  11. Don't uninstall mods at mid-game, there are no clean save in Skyrim but using save script cleaner can help removing orphan scripts.
  12. New SkyrimTools, (corrupt saves topic).

<Skyrim Redone or Perkus Maximus? or none?> As perkus maximus is the successor, I'd be tempted to say "use the most updated".

Others may have better mod advises than me, good luck ;)

Enboost

Crash fixes

Ordinator-perk mod

Immersive creatures - overhaul of enemies

Archery gameplay overhaul - archery overhaul

Appocalypse spells

Only for the brave

Revenge of the enemies

Interesting npcs

Mercy is for the weak

Civil war overhaul

Caco(may have performace loss)

Dificulty:Legendary

Also what type of character would you like to play as?