can you convert oblivion to skyrim?

Uerba

My question is this. Is the Tamriel landmass outside of skyrim to scale?

I'm curious about this is as well. I explored the Cyrodiil land area in Skyrim pretty thoroughly (I have borders disabled), and (based on my brief survey) the area around the Imperial City isn't quite 1:1 with Oblivion in terms of matching the terrain, but you'd probably expect that to change over 200 years anyway (especially since it's in the middle of a lake).

However, the scale looks like it's pretty much 1:1 or something close to that. So, with a few terrain tweaks, it should be possible to do some impressive modding in Cyrodiil.

Edited by xaliqen

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Swapping the files over IS NOT ILLEGAL. As long as the person using them owns both Oblivion and Skyrim if a program was made that ports the files over from an installed oblivion to an installed skyrim there is nothing that they can do. Because when they sell you the game the disc and all data upon it belongs to you. You may change/ add or destroy them if you so wish so long as, You do not copy them for distribution or make any profit from doing so. This is why you would be required to own the disc. But a piece of extra software that ports the files into the correct place would not be a problem.

:thumbsup:

Perhaps not. But if it would come to it, I believe him/we/whomever would lose a lot more than Bethesda. They can afford it, and I doubt a random modder can be afforded to go to court.

It is far from adviced to copy anything from anther game. Make it from scratch or leave it, easy as that.

Some people forget that not everyone is based in America and not every law is planet wide.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't matter if your based in the US or not, nor if your laws are different. if the media company wants you they will get you period. Take a look at megaupload or the pirate bay, nether were based in the US but were taken down by the US and there respective countries were forced to give them up. Granted converting something like a Oblivion mesh to Skyrim is small potatoes but thats how it gets started. Ever wonder why you don't hear anything about Morroblivion anymore? Bethesda is part of a larger media company, instead of asking your question here, ask Bethesda itself. They would know better then anyone here.

• 1 year later...

:blush: Hello, I am looking for tips to make resources to oblivion modder for skyrim, but with the creation kit, it does not work, what needs to change as folder, or add? merçi to for answers :)
ps: re-modeling an old mod for oblivion skyrim :mellow:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I hate to be that guy who necroposts stuff, but I really find these copyright restrictions bethesda has in place when it comes to porting assets just... asinine. We live in the year 2017 now, don't you all think that they should at LEAST alter their EULA's to actually appeal to their consumers? Like, CD Projekt red allows their assets to be used in skyrim, even :/

All this legaleze is just horseshit if you ask me. What bethesda has as their precedent is [at least in my view] extremely anti-consumer.