ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Recommended mods

dbwolfy

After 40h playing Oblivion with an assassin. I find out hes extremely weak.

I got to the point where I infiltrate the cult and have to find the amulet. And now Im fighting for my life at every corner.

Arrows barely do damage, sword and magic do even less. I have no idea how I should have leveled up.

I was trying to finish the game without any mods but Im seriously thinking about starting over with a collection of mods, that mostly important make leveling less frustating. Either that or I play the all game at lv1 and never sleep lol

So, some of the mods Im thinking on installing. Either after I finish the vanilla game, or now.

OOO

Realistic leveling

Natural enviroment

Unnoficial patch

Better cities

Companion Vilja

Darnfied UI

All natural

Capes and cloaks

Cava obscura (or someother to make dungeons darker)

And the ‡ from this list

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/User:Wrye/A%27s_List_of_Recommended_Mods

What would you guys recommend? Both on the mods list and about the game, should I just start over with the new mods, or should I finish the vanilla game once?

Im still taking a look at what exactly OOO will change so Im not sure what mods will be compatible, or if I should really go with it.

After 40h playing Oblivion with an assassin. I find out hes extremely weak.

I got to the point where I infiltrate the cult and have to find the amulet. And now Im fighting for my life at every corner.

Arrows barely do damage, sword and magic do even less. I have no idea how I should have leveled up.

I was trying to finish the game without any mods but Im seriously thinking about starting over with a collection of mods, that mostly important make leveling less frustating. Either that or I play the all game at lv1 and never sleep lol

So, some of the mods Im thinking on installing. Either after I finish the vanilla game, or now.

OOO

Realistic leveling

Natural enviroment

Unnoficial patch

Better cities

Companion Vilja

Darnfied UI

All natural

Capes and cloaks

Cava obscura (or someother to make dungeons darker)

And the ‡ from this list

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/User:Wrye/A%27s_List_of_Recommended_Mods

What would you guys recommend? Both on the mods list and about the game, should I just start over with the new mods, or should I finish the vanilla game once?

Im still taking a look at what exactly OOO will change so Im not sure what mods will be compatible, or if I should really go with it.

If you're an assassin (or even if you're not :) ) I highly recommend the 'Open Cities' mod, and use that with the 'climb anything' mod. I forget exactly what the climbing mod is called, but you'd be able to scale castle walls, climb on top of buildings for assassinations, etc. The climbing mod probably won't work with the Unofficial Patch though, but if you don't have that, you're fine. You'll also need the Oblivion Script Extender, regardless of what you install. It's a requirement for most large, useful mods.

Capes and cloaks didn't work in first person with me, IDK if that was my fault, or a conflict, or the mod's fault, but I'm just warning you it might be restricted to 3rd person.

Vilja is a good mod, I'd recommend that. Be aware though, she can be rather needy. She'd ask me for food or to sleep or something almost every couple minutes.

It's also a good idea, when you start playing, to stop installing mods. New mods will sometimes not work in a previously saved game, and it gets too hard to quit when you're constantly looking for ways to make things better. Maybe it's just me, but I quit Oblivion every five minutes to get a new mod when I just started modding, and it kind of ruined the game for me for a while. Now, I install a lot of mods, make and delete a few test profiles to ensure that everything is functioning, then I get to playing the game.

I HIGHLY suggest looking up Archery Rebalance and Stealth Overhaul. Both helped give a more realistic feel to playing that kind of character (and more fun)

I havent finished reading the readme on the OOO, but wont this mod already change the stealth and archery ingame? Or the changes he does are not as good?

If you're an assassin (or even if you're not :) ) I highly recommend the 'Open Cities' mod, and use that with the 'climb anything' mod. I forget exactly what the climbing mod is called, but you'd be able to scale castle walls, climb on top of buildings for assassinations, etc. The climbing mod probably won't work with the Unofficial Patch though, but if you don't have that, you're fine. You'll also need the Oblivion Script Extender, regardless of what you install. It's a requirement for most large, useful mods.

Pretty cool the climbing mod, from what I saw unnecessary violence has it too and does it better. Too bad I dont like the other changes.

Capes and cloaks didn't work in first person with me, IDK if that was my fault, or a conflict, or the mod's fault, but I'm just warning you it might be restricted to 3rd person.

Ohh good to know, its not really essential, so I can live without it. XD

Vilja is a good mod, I'd recommend that. Be aware though, she can be rather needy. She'd ask me for food or to sleep or something almost every couple minutes.

o.o

I gotta search for some videos showing the mod, then I can decide what to do.

It's also a good idea, when you start playing, to stop installing mods. New mods will sometimes not work in a previously saved game, and it gets too hard to quit when you're constantly looking for ways to make things better. Maybe it's just me, but I quit Oblivion every five minutes to get a new mod when I just started modding, and it kind of ruined the game for me for a while. Now, I install a lot of mods, make and delete a few test profiles to ensure that everything is functioning, then I get to playing the game.

Yeah, thats why Im thinking if I should play more and "finish" the vanilla game. For now I installed a couple mods to see how it goes.

Darnified UI

Stereo Sound

Weather All natural

OBGE for the liquid water (cant get godrays to work *sad*)

Jump adjustments

bah

I tried playing vanilla oblivion. But I just cant get to really enjoy the experience as a all. The level scaling sux.

So I decided to go all out on my mods. Heres my current setup:

\Gorier Blood 1.0.omod"

\HGEC Body 1.21.omod"

\High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC - Lattamer 1.0.omod"

\Immersive Health 1.0.omod"

\Improved facil textures 1.0.omod"

\Life Detect 1.0.omod"

\Lights out 1.0.omod"

\Loading Screen - SI 1.0.omod"

\Loading Screen Addon 1.0.omod"

\Loading Screens 1.0.omod"

\LoadingScreens-OOO 1.1.omod"

\Lowploy Grass 1.0.omod"

\Low-Poly Grass for SI 1.5.omod"

\Map Marker Overhaul 3.9.3.omod"

\Qarl's Texture Pack 3 Redimized 1.0.omod"

\Qarls Texture PATCH 1.0.omod"

\QTP3 UOP21 Patch 1.0.omod"

\Realist Force and Magic force 1.0.omod"

\stereo sound 1.0.omod"

\Unofficial_Official_Mods_Patch_v16_1_OMOD_Version.omod"

\Unofficial_Shivering_Isles_Patch_v1_5_0_OMOD_Version.omod"

\UnofficialOblivionPatchv3.2.0.omod"

\1st person 3rd-animations 1.0.omod"

\All Natural 1.31.omod"

\Animated Window Lighting System 5.5.3.omod"

\Bomret's Texture Pack Shivering Isles 1.0.omod"

\Color Map Mod(1.1).omod"

\Darker Trunks 1.0.omod"

\DarNified UI 1.3.2.omod"

\Enhanced Vegetation - High Res Textures 1.1.omod"

\First person stting 1.0.omod"

\Robert_Male_V52_BAIN

And later OBGE for the liquid water. I wanted to use godrays as well, but I cant get it looking good =\

Im thinking about installing these mods as well

No psych guards

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11911

Realist fatique

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10925

Realistic health (not sure on this one since I already got the immersive health)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21424

Realistic leveling

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13879

OOO

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15256

But im not sure if OOO will conflict with these mods, I didnt went for gameplay changes most of the time, but since i have no idea how this works, its scary =p