Remake (male) Nord Hero Armor

peregrine111

As I stared at the wallpaper, I realized how godly badass it looks, but as poorly it looks ingame, doesn't fit armor category and it's TERRIBLY WEAK. On the other hand Ancient Nord armor is harder to get and doesn't have any taste for male characters. So it would be nice to combine this into the new Nord Hero set.

Ancient Nord Helm - that with dragon horns, not caribou! (you can get one in few dungs or by crafting if you are lucky, since the game decides what model you can craft for whole game when you finish companions questline - dunno why, but one of my chars had deer horns and the other had dragon horns)

- changes needed:

brightening texture a little bit, so it looks like metal of Nord Hero weapons or like on the pic below (so little more shiny instead of that battered rusty piece)

Studded Armor

- changes needed:

darkening the color of leather parts to dark brown, metal parts should have similar texture as above helm. And gods please make fur look like fur and not like fleece that has been pissed on, like original texture

Iron Gauntlets

- changes needed:

FAR better quality textures to make metal look similar to those above items, and leather/fur parts darkened to the level of studded armor above

Iron Boots

- changes needed:

same as gauntlets

all these meshes and textures should replace original craftable Ancient Nord set for MALES (female one is looking good - look at Aela). All pieces should be HEAVY armor, with rating comparable to at least Orcish/Ebony (though Daedric would be nice of you - it requires daedric to craft anyway)

pic can be found here: http://newelderscrolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Skyrim.jpg

it's DARK though. Ignore helm, Ancient Nord one is far more badass looking.

Just please don't make it look like chrome (aka super reflective), it's very dark in darkness and burns your eyes when something glows on screen. It should be decent, like true metal

If anyone feels like he/she can do it, please upload it to nexus using words like Nord or Ancient so it's easier to find in those 100 daily mods.

Thanks

The helmet is an iron helmet.

If you read that till the end you would see following: "Ignore helm, Ancient Nord one is far more badass looking."

and it fits the scheme more...

right now I'm using

Ancient Nord Helm

Ancient Nord Gauntlets

Ancient Nord Boots

Studded Armor

which is kinda bad since at least gauntlets don't fit the set as they look too different (boots are kinda OK), but I'm refusing to use ANY IRON armor (or shall I call it rust armor? can't see metal on that anyway, texture looks horrible and mesh is really really low poly)

also Studded armor is LIGHT so I'm losing quite a few possible perks from heavy armor skill.

meh, if it was that simple....

I could change what I need in Construction set (IF it was out... but it seems we'll get is as a Christmas present :S)... but I can't work with textures and meshes.

So I came here, there always has been plenty of talented ppl who can do miracles with them.