Multiplayer? (Oblivion Mod Potentially as well)

SteffenBlake

So after thinking about it for awhile, what would the possibility of a "multiplayer" mod sound like to everyone for Skyrim?

Essentially how I think it could work is you would get 2-4 players over a locally set up server who sign in to it. Then they create their characters and the server logs all info about their characters, specifically facial features, race, etc etc etc.

Then what the mod does is receive information over this program and create identical NPCs on each of the other players games to represent each other. So if you ahve 4 players, on each players game they have 3 NPCs that represent the other players.

I'm not sure what the best way would be to set it up, you may need to have 1 player be the "Server" and the other 3 players games would have to mimic the one players games, this would ensure the other NPCs (guards etc) are in the same place on each player's screens. It would take a lot of work but I could see it being possible.

Other things that would have to be changed: Wait timer would require each player to agree on it, so that the time passes equally for all, etc etc.

Thoughts? Ideas? I think the first step would be for us to compile a list of all changes that the mod would need to accomplish and what issues could arise.

Mate, not to be rude or anything, but do a little search regarding multiplayer for Oblivion and Skyrim.

Personally, I get really annoyed every time this topic appears. People bring it up, some people say it's possible, some people say it's not, folks start arguing and it leads to no good.

But I believe that every discussion about this leads to; No. It's not possible to do.

Edited by Cepherit

exactly.

You are asking players to pretty much make an entirely new game. Multiplayer needs a server, a host which can transfer data from client to client or server to clients, and we don't even know if the kit comes out with right tools.

Let's cut the dicsussion and get to the points:

1) We would need to build the game from scratch, into a new engine.

2) We'd need a server.

3) Bethesda would sue us for that.

4) No, we could not avoid that.

Yup.

SCREW LAWSUITS!! LAWSUITS IS BS!!!

but yes, it would be a lot of work.

...good luck if you want to make it, anything can be done lol....

and ANYONE THAT SUES ME IS A CORPSE! i advise you to consider that your motto. lol

... i mean, if its a matter that requires a fist fight, then fist fight... but if not... let it go... LOL

and if they wont fist fight, they dont deserve to call an infraction...

LOOOL ive never fist fought in my life... but DRM lawsuits piss me off... lameass lawyer punks, they need a bomb.... ....

hmm modding a game is like modding.. say.. an automobile engine... if no one modded a car engine we would not have the cars we have today.

Edited by CaoMengde777