Build your own empire

Druidya

I'd be happy with a simple campsite mod.

You know, for those long trips into the wilderness, as you search for ore to improve your smithing, or other things.

I agree, There should be a survival mode where you can't fast travel and going without sleep hinders your stamina, health etc. This way it would make traveling more adventurous dealing with the scary nights of skyrim. Food should also be a necessity to make hunting etc, more useful. I also think all of the empire talk is a good idea. These are the things that should already be in the game so its only natural that people get together and make it. I dont know how to do much but ill learn what i can and assist in whatever way.

I think you could add an "Easy mode" where you get protection from one of the Jarls. After all you are the Thane of his city, he could give you a dozen man, some guards and some material to build a mine/mill/military outpost or whatever for him, you can then hire more guards to "protect yourself from bandits" and over time either forcefully(through battle) or peacefull(by making him dependant on your money,food etc.) make the Jarl your underling, before you start taking over one hold after another.

The same would be possible with the Thieves guild. I mean how coold would it be to build some smugglers nests all over Skyrim, bribe the guards, set up routes and protect them, intimidate other caravans/smugglers or raid them etc. slowly gain more and more control till you in essence control every city. Not that much off a visible empire but instead a shadow empire, like how Maven Black-Briar controls Riften, only instead you control all of Skyrim like that.

I think you could add an "Easy mode" where you get protection from one of the Jarls. After all you are the Thane of his city, he could give you a dozen man, some guards and some material to build a mine/mill/military outpost or whatever for him, you can then hire more guards to "protect yourself from bandits" and over time either forcefully(through battle) or peacefull(by making him dependant on your money,food etc.) make the Jarl your underling, before you start taking over one hold after another.

The same would be possible with the Thieves guild. I mean how coold would it be to build some smugglers nests all over , bribe the guards, set up routes and protect them, intimidate other caravans/smugglers or raid them etc. slowly gain more and more control till you in essence control every city. Not that much off a visible empire but instead a shadow empire, like how Maven Black-Briar controls Riften, only instead you control all of Skyrim like that.

This would work in well with the create your own kingdom mod. Get the bennefits of the jarl; becoming a jarl even, commission your own outposts, standing army, companions, diplomacy, culture - tradition and worship/religion and types of buildings. I think your idea would be cool, as an add on to the mod; plus you could actually get the assassin and thief part of the game to work both ways more. You can be taken out in your sleep or robbed, if you don't have guards or magical wards etc. But yeah, sounds good. Thoughts?