Critique my list of Mods

buster62

I'm just getting back into the Elder Scrolls series after playing Morrowind several years ago. Before starting Oblivion I was doing some reading on recommended mods and have come up with this list to start with. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if there are any conflicts or redundancy in these mods or if I'm missing any valuable ones. I'm not trying to change the game up too much but do like the mods that enhance the program's efficiency, improve the visual environment and improve the overall game play. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mods:

General

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

Oblivion Mod Manager

Visual/Environment

Qarl's Texture Pack III

DarkUId DarN

Unique Landscapes

Natural Environments

Elven Map Redux

Open Cities

Improved Facial Textures

Program Optimization

Streamline

Operation Optimization ?

Low Poly Glass

Improved Game Play

Francesco’s Leveled Creatures

Quest Award Leveller or Leveling ?

Reneer's Guard Overhaul

Kay Chain

ok. First thing is first. You should only install one mod at a time, then play for a while. The time you 'save' by installing multiple mods at a time will be lost finding which one caused the problem. I would reccomend learning the tools to use mods first. You should get familiar with either the Oblivion Mod Manager or Wrye Bash. I prefer Wrye Bash but obmm has its place too.

The unofficial official patches are great, but do some reading on install procedure.

Your visual/environment are going to have to be installed one at a time.

Do a search for "what mods do you reccomend" with the tool here. Or do a google search: "oblivion mods reccomend site: www.thenexusforums.com"

There is no easy answer, but most mods are compatible. If you can learn wrye bash, get the Better Oblivion Sorting System. It will tell you most major problems.

There are tons of mods out there, with more being added daily (despite people thinking skyrim would kill the community lol)

-edit

Also search for load order, load list and the like for Oblivion. This will provide you with examples of how and what other people use mods.

-edit-

=theuseless

Edited by theuseless