Master level spells for the neglected schools

IxionInc

After leveling up a mage character, I found that all the schools except for Destruction and Conjuration have been completely neglected in badassitude.

Seriously, Conjuration masters get to summon permanent pets, and Destruction masters get these amazing AOE spells that do massive damage?

I'll admit, Destruction has improved a lot more. Conjuration, kinda; with the right perks. But Alteration, Restoration and Illusion have a major downgrade in my opinion.

Restoration and Alteration don't even have a quest!

So here's some spell ideas.

-----Alteration-----

Wrath of the Frost Atronach

You transform one of your arms into a giant icecicle, which functions kinda like a Big Daddy's drill in Bioshock. In other words, you kill anything that gets near you.

This acts as a bound weapon; mouse1 is a heavy sweep melee attack, while mouse 2 performs an ice-slam attack. Sheathing dispels.

Wrath of the Fire Atronach

Your hands become fiery amalgams of molten brass, which act as a Khajiit's claws.

This acts as a bound weapon; mouse1 is a claw-melee attack, while mouse2 is a blast of fire on par with a Dragon's. Sheathing dispels.

Wrath of the Storm Atronach

Your fists transform into stone, wrapped in lightning, allowing you to beat the snot out of whatever's in your way.

This acts as a bound weapon; mouse1 is a lightning-fist combo, while mouse2 is a rocket-fist projectile, akin to punching your opponent's face. With rockets. Sheathing dispels.

Polymorph

You zap your opponent with a bolt of transforming energy, turning them into any number of "harmless" creatures.

This functions as a Lightning spell, mixed in with the Wabbajack, except it turns targets into ONLY goats, chickens, deer, or foxes.

Mist Form

You transform yourself into a cloud of mist, becoming ethereal, and gaining the ability to fly.

This spell functions like a Stoneskin spell.

----Restoration----

Holy Rune

You create a magical trap that explodes in a flash of light if an enemy walks over it.

Functions like a Destruction Rune spell, except it kills any lesser undead instantly, makes greater undead flee for 20 seconds, and staggers all other enemies.

Holy Cloak

You sheath yourself in cascading radiance.

Functions like a Destruction Cloak spell, except it kills any lesser undead instantly, makes greater undead flee for 20 seconds, and staggers all other enemies.

Wall of Light

Creates a wall of blistering light when sprayed on the ground.

Functions like a Destruction Wall spell, except it kills any lesser undead instantly, makes greater undead flee for 20 seconds, and staggers all other enemies.

Divine Flash

You create a shockwave of light and sound that destroys any undead around you, heals any living creature to full health near you, and sends several "Magelight" orbs around the area.

Final Stand

Any corpses in your vicinity are instantly dissolved into ash, as their spirits rise to your cause.

This functions similar to The Ritual Stone power. All spirits have bonus damage against undead, deal fire damage, and light up where they stand.

Restoring Light

You release a flash of light that heals any living creature 100 points of life, and deals 100 points of damage to undead.

This spell acts as a Fireball spell.

Antimagic Cloak

You wrap yourself in convex Magicka energies, sending any spell that hits you, back at the enemy.

This spell functions like any Destruction Cloak spell.

----Illusion----

Prismatic Spray

You expel a spray of fantastic colors from your hands, causing any creatures caught in the blast to flee, be charmed, be staggered, or fall unconscious.

Functions like a Sparks, Flames, or Frostbite spell.

Wall of Fear

You create a wall of wailing faces and terrifying imagery, causing any creature that tries to pass through it to flee for 30 seconds.

This spell functions as a Destruction Wall spell.

Phantasmal Puppet

You create an illusionary warrior that attracts the attention of every enemy that sees it. Should the phantom take enough damage that it "dies", it explodes, causing enemies to flee.

Mind Control

You psychically subdue any living creature, and bind it to your will. It will follow you as if it were a Conjurer's Thrall.

This spell acts like a Dead Thrall spell, but used on a living creature.

Invisibility

You become completely and utterly invisible for as long as your Magicka can take it.

This spell functions like a Healing spell.

Enfeeblement

You blast your enemy with loud, booming curse words, causing them to lose all Stamina.

This spell acts like a Lightning spell.

----Conjuration----

Wall of Tyranny

You create a wall of imposing mental will, causing any summoned creatures that pass through it to fall under your control, or be banished or dispelled.

Functions like a Destruction Wall spell.

Stinging Swarm

You spew a swarm of butterflies, bees, and dragonflies forth from your hands, all of which attack anything in sight.

Functions like a Frostbite, Sparks, or Flames spell.

Conjure Torchbug

You summon a slightly larger version of a regular Torchbug to follow you, and light up dark places.

This functions like any Conjuration spell.

Gate

You create a smoldering blue gateway through Oblivion, all the way back to your home, allowing you to quickly travel back and forth.

Functions like any Conjuration spell. Gateways are permanent unless you attempt to summon more than two.

Bound Chest

You create a flaming spirit treasure chest to stow away any extra items you may have. These items will remain there, even if you resummon it. However, the chest is not of this world, and therefore has a set carrying capacity.

Functions as any Conjuration spell. Crouching and using the chest unsummons it.

Voltaic Sentinel

You create a hovering vortex of stones and lightning that shoots Lightning spells at any enemy that comes near.

This spell functions like any Conjuration Spell. The Sentinel cannot move.

Cinder Sentinel

You create a floating fire-pit of ash and flame that spews Fireball spells at any enemy that comes near.

Frigid Sentinel

You create a levitating cloud of snow and icicles that shoots Ice Spike spells at any enemy that comes near.

I really like this idea, but i think in the restoration school it would be cool to have some kind of blinding effects on all living (besides the castor). Just an idea.

I thought about adding in a blinding effect, but I have no clue how that would work. The most I could think of was making them stagger, as if you had Fus Ro Da'd them, or maybe some stamina damage. I don't think there's a way to make the AI less accurate in combat.

• 3 weeks later...