Request: Grinding MOD

Revonlieke

Hi, I not sure how often people take requests here, but this mod that came into my mind could at least bring up some talk in here.

I would personally make the mod, but currently i just want to play the game and finish the storyline at some point also :D This Mod has 2 parts or could be 2 seperate mods.

Anyway, as a RPG gamer I have realized that gathering materials for the best armors is EASY! Too easy i should say. The only thing that keeps you from getting these is the fact if you have or have not found the areas where to gather these materials. Or if you were wise enough to not sell things that looked "rare". This could be fixed in 3 ways;

- Ore vein areas that hold Ebony Ore give Iron Ore and Jewels mainly rather than Ebony Ore. About 5-12% change to get Ebony Ore would be nice.

- Increase the actual amount of Ebony Ingot needed per armor or weapon. (15ish per part)

- Deny shopkeepers from selling Ebony Ingot or reduce the amount to 1 per day (Still would need to increase the amount needed per armor)

This would also be very nice to be added to Dragon Scales and Dragon Bones. If any of you have played a game called Monster Hunter, you would know what i mean by this. I recon the drop-rate of either scale or bone (+-X amount) should be reduced. As it is now, nearly every dragon drops at least 1 of both and just by killing 4 dragons you have gathered all the dragon items you need trough-out the whole game. So I would say that every 5th dragon actually drops those and if possible they would have somewhere around 56% change of dropping the +-X amount.

Same for Daedra Hearts, those should be REALLY rare items, except they're not. The fact that every Daedra drops them was a big let down for me. Either reduce the change of dropping to let's say 2% (Depending if there are more Daedras than the 4 that I have found who respawn) OR make it so that they can ONLY be found in the world laying around as I have found couple. (No Daedra drops them)

Personally I am not a huge fan of the console implement in this game. I never have been. I do however understand that if a game is poorly designed, why you would feel the urge to use it.

My issue is this; 220 perks, only around 70levels, this means 70 perks for me to unlock. As i have said, I like grinding, And the easy way to fix this would be to increase the level cap to 220 so that I get the perks available to use as I go.

However, as it has been stated that after level 50 the required xp for next level is significantly increased should be fixed. I have no idea how this should be done, and or would it crash the game or what.. However a fix for this would be nice as I'm sure that I am not the only one that feels the urge to get every perk I want without the need of console.

If anyone is intrested in this project, I would be pleased and would praise you as a GOD! ^_^

Edited by SebastianJSL

All I can say is that having 70 levels and 220 perks facilitates different playstyles. Your character will be different every time you play through, depending on which perks you choose. Blizzard used this kind of paradigm for their skill selections. They have several possibilities of skill combinations, but they limit you to what you can have 'active'.

In other words, a limit on perks helps define your character. If you had ALL perks then the replay value would diminish.

This is, of course, my personal opinion. I won't download a mod that 'uncaps' the perks, but I support it anyway. I have no doubt that some people would enjoy a mod like this.

*and I agree about certain items not being rare enough. Does ES follow the same 'probability system' like Diablo games use?

You do have a good point there.I also think that it does remove the replay value a lot.

However at some point when i have played the game trough many times I would like to have a main character who i could unlock fully with the stuff i want.

Currently for example I play as mage, archer and dual wield all with one character and I doubt i can unlock every perk from those categories as i also want speech and enchant etc. 70perks i think is not enough.

Especially if you do dumb choices as unlock every blacksmith perk even tough you were going to use light armors only ;)

Again, a bump. I have found couple of mods related to this, in some of witch the leveling system has been changed )Level Curve Rebalance), so i recon this also COULD be possible to make.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1094

If anyone has any first-hand experience of this, can you please tell me if it's a good choice, does it actually allow me to unlock more perks? and is it balanced?

No mod on the actual drop-rate thingy tough, which would be a higher priority for me :P