Attack sound removal

velimas

Well, really really simple mod, but I would really appreciate it. Know those sounds when you do a power attack? They really bother me (playing as a rogue). If it's simply able to remove those, but not other voices/effects that would be really great :)

Cheers,

VeIimas

P.S. Would just blank sound files do? If so that makes it even more easy :P

It's VERY possible!

It's quite easy actually!

But the thing is, I don't know which audio files are targeted (if I knew, I'd do it for sure!)

If I ever find out, I'll post a mod on the Nexus!

Something like Silent Power Attack...

P.S. Either that or edit the "player" in an esp...

P.S.S. It's a little harder without the CK... UUrrgg...

Note: I haven't found the power attack sound (uurrgg...)

Edited by Vortaka

• 1 month later...

bump with the question if anyone knows what the power attack sound file is. I'll gladly wait for the CK, though :)

yeah this would be marvelous and I would be proud if I knew how to do this... And also the "normal attack" which tends to get a lil bit annoying after a while when using anything faster than war axes...

I found a mod! http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3778 I love skyrim nexus :)

Edited by Gelvan

• 1 year later...
I think I found where the power attack voice files are in male argonian. I'm not sure if it effects the player as well but that's what I'm aiming for. Unpack the voices BSA, name a folder voices BSA on desktop and extract the BSA there, if your trying to change the voice files of make or argonian just copy the file and paste it on desktop. After you have that done look through the voice file example (maleargonian) and look for dialoguege_00023c1a_1.fuz, it's under dialoguefollower when you scroll down. Use a skyrim audio manager to listen to the voice files, you might be able to put your custom voice files in skyrim/data/sound/voice/skyrim.esm. Make sure the file is corresponding to its original. Say you put custom sounds in argonianmale. You would put them under maleuniqueesbern. The custom voice files that replace the originals have to be named the ones you are replacing for it to work. If putting the custom file in voices folder didnt work then you might have to compress all the unpacked BSA files back into a BSA and name it voices BSA. I hope this helps for anyone who needs it.

Ok I figured everything out, the location of the files is right, just need to Mach up the sounds because there's more than 1 sound file for power attacks, I did manage to get it working, but you do have the replace the argonianmale file with the original then compress the whole voices folder into a BSA, and there you go it works.