Useable Firearms?

TehSquishy

People are free to make suggestions towards someone elses mod suggestions in hope that whoever looks at the topic may decide to adopt their variation as well as the original suggestion. Give the mods topic is "Useable Firearms". Any firearm idea's should be welcome. I imagine if this is not the case, then the topics name would be something less broad and more specfic.

A thousand mod requests threads with specfic firearm ideas would do nothing but cause this thread, and 20 others, to go down even further in the list. Contained together in one thread, it gives more of a chance that the idea's will be seen by someones interested in making them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are free to make suggestions towards someone elses mod suggestions in hope that whoever looks at the topic may decide to adopt their variation as well as the original suggestion. Give the mods topic is "Useable Firearms". Any firearm idea's should be welcome. I imagine if this is not the case, then the topics name would be something less broad and more specfic.

A thousand mod requests threads with specfic firearm ideas would do nothing but cause this thread, and 20 others, to go down even further in the list. Contained together in one thread, it gives more of a chance that the idea's will be seen by someones interested in making them.

I agree with Selvec, and that is actually the REASON I created this thread: So people (MANY) could put out (MANY DIFFERENT) ideas, all relating to "Useable Firearms".

I can GUARANTEE that if a Moder picked up this task and created ANY of the suggestions, there would be yet ANOTHER Moder that wanted something different, and would tweak it.

All of these ideas are here to allow a diverse range of opportunities and suggestions for the person who is willing to take action and actually CREATE the mod.

I wanted this topic to create a medium for ideas, as it IS a forum :P Let anyone speak that has something relevant to add to the discussion.

you guys do realise that this game series is NOT set in the past right? its set in a universe made completely of magic/divine powers but even having that said the dwemer made all sorts of advanced engineering tech thats well beyond the level of a simple gun so if you made a gun with a slightly steampunk look and just spread it around the game like any other weapon it could fit in just fine so long as you didnt overpower it and made sure plenty of your enemies had them so it wouldnt feel stupidly one sided like every single gun mod seems to love doing

Agreed. If a firearm (any kind, handheld or rifle) is introduced, it would be better to have it spread around at least somewhat. If the character is the ONLY player in the game with the gun, it will be slightly absurd :\ But for something like that, i think we'll have to wait for a CK to get made :( Edited by TehSquishy

Infact... Does anyone know about the CK? Is it being developed? Who makes it? When it is expected? Etc...

It will be released in January, according to Bethesda's statement on the matter.

Alright, thank you :]

Guess we're going to have to wait until January :P

Seeing as how this game is designed to be played in first person prespective I'd say guns are an absolute MUST. As great as Skyrim is the first person melee combat is just garbage. It's not the designer/developer's fault, they have done the best they could for what it is. It's just not a fun style of play, never has been, never will be. Every time I see a game come out with first person melee I want to drive to the dev's house and slap them. First person gameplay is meant for shooter's aka using guns.

If Zenimax/bethesda would just suck it up and create a true 3rd person combat experience for melee this game would easily go down as one of, if not THE, greatest game ever made. But until then.... Gimme my P90C urban assault rifle!.

Oh, as for guns being OP'd, I think that would be an super easy fix. Just use the same formula for bow and arrow as gun and bullet. So, a gun does X base dmg + X bullet type dmg. So say the gun does 5 base dmg + 3 bullet dmg = equalling 8 total dmg per hit. Then all's the modder's gotta do it decide the rate of fire. I'd probly go with something like 1 shot per sec or something just to keep it simple.

PS: I just wanna run around skyrim as Masterchief while rocking the assualt rifle and lobbing grenades at everything in sight, is that so wrong? /tear

Edited by seaturkey