Where do you learn more spells?

ventrilol

you buy spell tomes that you later read. You get these spell tomes from either the Jarl's wizards or from the npcs in the collage of winterhold. What kind of spell tomes they have available however, depends on what destruction/conjuration/etc level you have.

I have 15 hours played and i am still sticking with fire breath cold breath etc. Do you have any idea where I could find more advanced spells in the illusion branch or even fire ball? Reading books from shops? I am lost

Books, yes. Take and open in inventory. Watch out in stores---that's stealing. Must buy there. Also, you'll find books laying all over the place, under beds, etc. Not all are spell books, but there are many of them.

Edited by AbleGnome

First, it's always a good idea to keep an eye out in the stores for any particular spell-tome, and you can find some in dungeons. However, as far as I know, the best way would be to head to the College in Winterhold. It's rather easy to get a membership, and there's a lot of advantages for magic-themed characters to be had.

Of course, it's a good idea to read books in general, skill-up or not. They've got plenty of interesting lore, and I believe one or two starts a quest.

Edited by Kazakovich

Thanks for the interesting replies . the college wanted me to cast a firebolt and i was unable.

If you tell her you don't know the spell, she will offer to sell it to you. Otherwise, you can try reloading a save from before you first asked entry. She will ask you for a different spell every time you reload it.