Graphics am I blind

squareenixx

This whole graphics don't matter crap is a red herring for elder scrolls fanboys defending their game no matter how bad it looks.

Says the guy named squareenixx.... just saying...

I am no die hard fanboy thats the difference. I admit that after Final Fantasy 10 the whole series turned crap.

I really couldn't care less what you are... this is not the place for you to be name-calling, flaming, starting wars, over pixels that you personally don't like with the name of another company and having the nerve to call -me- a fanboy?

I'd love to see you prove me as a fanboy, I really would. Can you even define the phrase? Do you have anything else to say aside from calling me a fanboy?

Well lets see I show proof in front of your eyes that Skyrim falls short in graphics. Yet you start to argue with me defending it like any negative talk of Skyrim is prohibited.

Sounds like the very definition of a fanboy to me.

What is exactly a fanboy to you? An person who simply defending the game graphics by saying its all right is, not some like s*** or sumthin?

This is a forum, not a "im gona outright bash this game! because oh! its not like squareenix graphics!" im might as well call you a SquareEnix fanboy...You are a SquareEnix fanboy plus you are also insulting many people in this forum too. (by the way the fanboy comment was a example but in a way i meant it)

Edited by Joshico

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole graphics don't matter crap is a red herring for elder scrolls fanboys defending their game no matter how bad it looks.

Says the guy named squareenixx.... just saying...

I am no die hard fanboy thats the difference. I admit that after Final Fantasy 10 the whole series turned crap.

SquareEnix it ain't out rightly fair to accuse them "elder scrolls fanboys" just because they play it and then call some idiots, if they don't exactly agree with your opinion, I might as well call you a final fantasy fanboy and tht its plain stupid (example don't take it too seriously and i agree on tht crap thing or watever)

See what I mean? either way i think the skyrim graphics are a-ok i think your just too spoil from playing Hd graphics games so much ;)

There is a pretty fundamental difference of one person saying they like something but admitting its faults and then the people on here defending Skyrim against anything negative even if it is the truth and then saying stupid things like graphics don't matter at all.

First of all if you think the ones on the right looks better than you are just visually impaired. That like saying COD looks better than Crysis which sadly lots of COD fanboys claimed just lending to the fact you are an avid elder scrolls fanboy and you don't care about facts.

Secondly you even talking about modding is pathetic and sad. So you think a game company can release a game with bad graphics and expect modders to fix it. Wow.

I don't think the ones on the right look better ( I stated this rather clearly)... I think they have washed out color, blurry graphics, and otherwise fantasy-like environments like the extremely light blue water that looks like someone's shining an LED light into it.

I don't play first person shooters, so you can flame those people elsewhere.

That you'd call me an elder scrolls fanboy is rather amusing frankly, and I'm not even going to bother entering a flame war with such a thing.

And finally... bethesda games have always and will always be about modding. It's something unique to them, and the main reason I've bought their games. I was pleasantly surprised with Skyrim in that I enjoyed it fully even without mods for 100+ hours even with things like shallow companions nagging at me but that's a personal issue.

Speaking of which... you seem to have several personal issues...with the game of course.

I meant the other way around you are insane if you think that the right ones don't look better.

Also If you think no water in the world is light blue then again you must be stupid.

Look here water king.

And millions more but I shouldn't have to prove this is common knowledge.

There's a big difference between real water and the koolaid in the screenshot ;) But I'm a real life fanboy obviously.

So all you can do is petty little crap like that. Sorry but water looks like that and I bet I can even get a close color code match it photoshop proving it if you want.

In the examples you provided I can see that the textures for the tree, boulders and ground do look to be higher res than Skyrim's. However, texture size doesn't automatically win. The pics on the left still look better to me than those on the right because the right hand pics look like all the color, shading and shadows are washed out. They look flat and boring despite having some larger textures. I'd much rather play a game that looked like the one on the left than the one on the right. Edited by CalibanX

Well lets see I show proof in front of your eyes that Skyrim falls short in graphics. Yet you start to argue with me defending it like any negative talk of Skyrim is prohibited.

Sounds like the very definition of a fanboy to me.

Sorry but, proof? Your opinion is not compelling as proof. I defend it because I believe your argument is utter hogwash, regardless of who developed the game. I still don't know what game that is on the right, and that doesn't change that I don't think it looks as good as Skyrim in the least. If you put up a screenshot of a game that actually had better graphics in skyrim, I'd say sure they look better. I can honestly say the shadows suck, and the flickering bothers me to no end, but it's not an issue for me because I do have patience and I knew someone would fix it because... again... it's standard to have endless mods for these games. I have the patience to wait for perfection ;)

Again, what is "the very definition of a fanboy"?

Have you ever stopped to think that many of us think the graphics are quite amazing? Is every game now required to have the best graphics possible at the cost of other parts of the game? I, for one, find the graphics top notch and a wonderful compromise for everything else that's in this game with them.

If you checked my post history, you'd find I have plenty of things I think Skyrim came up short on. Graphics is not one of them.

Sounds to me that you are simply frustrated over something and taking your anger out on this game for whatever reason.

In the examples you provided I can see that the textures for the tree, boulders and ground do look to be higher res than Skyrim's. However, texture size doesn't automatically win. The pics on the left still look better to me than those on the right because the left hand pics look like all the color, shading and shadows are washed out. They look flat and boring despite having some larger textures. I'd much rather play a game that looked like the one on the left than the one on the right.

Skyrim doesn't even have paralax mapping.

Also those screenshots are with the FXAA mod for Skyrim normally Skyrim looks more drab than that.

Also sometimes you will be surprised go out in a hot bright day and it isn't so saturated as games like skyrim would make you think it is.

So all you can do is petty little crap like that. Sorry but water looks like that and I bet I can even get a close color code match it photoshop proving it if you want.

Oh please do. You can match the color all day long, anyone can do that, but you have to match it to real life. I look forward to pointing out how it falls short of 'real life graphics'. Oh man, you crack me up XD

So I came in with facts but you have beaten me and I know when to quit I am not getting through to anyone here.

Seems the general consensus is graphics and Physics in a game don't matter. Character animation doesn't matter. Bad weather and particles don't matter.

The only thing that matters is being a fanboy and not knowing it.

One last question for you guys.

Do you think Skyrim with mods will look better then Crysis with mods? Thats it.

So I came in with facts but you have beaten me and I know when to quit I am not getting through to anyone here.

Seems the general consensus is graphics and Physics in a game don't matter. Character animation doesn't matter. Bad weather and particles don't matter.

The only thing that matters is being a fanboy and not knowing it.

One last question for you guys.

Do you think Skyrim with mods will look better then Crysis with mods? Thats it.

SquareEnix we are not implying ANY of those things, stop getting over your head, and plus that ocean colour....its coastal water for crying out loud.

If you call us "fanboys" you bash on skyrim "2006 graphics herp derp" then why in hell you bought it AND created an account here? This forum and site is for ppl to gather and talk about Fallout 3, Oblvion, etc and well be friendly to each other.

Not some "person" to outright and rudely accuse us "idiots" "fanatical fanboys" and "insane" (which i take that as a compliment) and doesn't even like any of these games nexus here have (except witcher 2)

Edited by Joshico

Oh please do. You can match the color all day long, anyone can do that, but you have to match it to real life. I look forward to pointing out how it falls short of 'real life graphics'. Oh man, you crack me up XD

AH????????? Those photographs are real life. You know these one. Its called a camera it can take pictures of real life things.

http://i1-win.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Blue-Water-Screen-Saver_1.jpg

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/icompass/icompass1006/icompass100600008/7125782-rocks-in-blue-water-costa-brava.jpg