Khajiit community

HPstu

Hi, I posted this elsewhere when I thought of it.

Now I am not far into the main quest, have done loads of extras, but MQ not so much, so maybe this happens, maybe not, here's my idea for the Khajiit race in Skyrim.

We keep hearing about their plight, their caravans and how they are generally not liked/accepted wherever they go. This made me think of them as more lovable and cuddly travellers, dunno if those are a UK community only so not sure if other countries will get the comparison.

We see them camped up in different spots, usually in two distinct groups and I thought it would be cool as hell to have a big, long running quest to get them established in an area and help them build up their own town.

- start with you having the choice of wanting to do it or not. Maybe you hate the kitties and don't care about their plight.

- have you and, say, Ysolda, decide you are going to fight for their cause. I say Ysolda as she trusts them and trades with them.

- you find an area and have to deal with the local Jarl to free the land up and get him to warm to the idea.

- have it so there are actually a few different areas you can get them set up,but you can only pick one. Each area has different perks and will affect the final town build. Next to a river? Great fishmonger and transport options. Not so good on this area of thought, but hope I made it clear enough to understand.

Then when it is all ready - a few quests to speak to people and get them friendlier to the Khajiit - you get the Khajiit to move their tents and caravans in to set up a temporary base. Looks like a proper refugee tent camp to start, and over a few game weeks more tents are added as you spread the word.

So basically, over time, you will do quests and get items/materials to help them turn it into a proper little town - again, area specific, could be a treehouse town or a cave town, etc etc.

The main thing is that the quests and jobs should NOT be able to all be done one after another as that would just feel right. We all know towns take time to build up, so have the game spread out the growth accordingly. Tent camp takes a few in game weeks to build up to full size, then another month or so for it to start having building layouts, then so on and so on, until ... ta da ... a cool new town has been added to the game and you maybe get the option to either be it's Jarl or advisor, I dunno.

Anyway, my brain hurts now. Not used to getting ideas.

Tl;dr I want a cuddly kitty village

The main things I would like to see are the progression of the build up over time and not being able to rush through and finish it in a few hours. So for example, a few gather quests to get materials, followed by big periods of time where the Khajiit are busy building and just need food supplied to them whilst they work. Don't know if that bit is possible at all as all I can make are basic houses lol.

In my mind, travellers are the Dale farm type who steal land and wreck their surroundings without care for ownership or common decency.

That said, I find the Khajit quite loveable and I play as one myself, so I would definitely support this mod.

lol yeah, the comparison is not the best one, but you have to see the similarities. Locals hate them - in Dale farm's case, for a good reason - and they have trouble getting a place to settle. Maybe think of Romany gypsies instead, but even then the Khajiit still win on likeability.

I had an idea for something similar to this but more along the lines of a Real Time Settler mod like the one for fallout 3 and new vegas that arkoolka made. Same principles would apply but it would be for all races not just the kitties. Of course you could make it just for them too.

Unfortunately that type of mod is way above my head and without the CK you cant do a whole lot quite yet either. Its something to ponder on tho and with a mod similar to wasteland defense (new vegas mod) you could throw dragon attacks and raids into the mix for some more interesting gameplay.

Thought of that last night and it would be neat if someone could make the mod.