Playing as a dog in skyrim

necKros

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the video machinima is using console commands. open the console, select the player you want. for example .. ohdaviing or so and type in 'TC' without the '. after you close the console again you have the control over the player. figure out his player controls and ready. BUT machinima MUST change something in the dragon commands. cause you still cant fly. I tryed it with a dragon who attacked me and he was in the sky. I opened the console and typed TC and woom I was the dragon in the sky. but he still was fyling by his own.

In the video machinima is using console commands. open the console, select the player you want. for example .. ohdaviing or so and type in 'TC' without the '. after you close the console again you have the control over the player. figure out his player controls and ready. BUT machinima MUST change something in the dragon commands. cause you still cant fly. I tryed it with a dragon who attacked me and he was in the sky. I opened the console and typed TC and woom I was the dragon in the sky. but he still was fyling by his own.

I tried this on a dragon mid-flight and you can fly. You can't control it though. It's all on a pre-defined path. I suppose that's what Machinima guy did. He probably just spawned whatever creatures he wanted then used TC to control them. Haha we're still 2 steps ahead of him.

So I was riding on my horse earlier and I got an idea. The way the camera is set when riding a horse would be PERFECT for when you are in dragon form. If someone could find a way to run whatever script that changes the camera to the way it is when on the horse, that would solve all problems with the dragon camera.

you mean behind the dragon right? right now with your cam fix the cam is OVER the dragon and you see the head and a little bit the neck... yeah .. woul be better. like the cam this guy is using in the video with alduin. you're right its a better position but im realy bad in moding O.o

Sometimes I wonder if you read the posts on previous pages or if you really just write what comes to your heads.

You CAN move the camera bone node to wherever you want it and that will be the point of view you'll see ingame. Here's an example of my dragon skeleton (modded the same day I started the topic):

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Labelissa/Nifkopebonetransform.jpg

Ingame:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Labelissa/Dragon.jpg

To move a node, select it in the node list or viewport, right-click on it and select transform>edit. There you can manually edit its XYZ coords.

Notice that changing the Y coordinate doesn't seem to have any effect ingame. The reason for this, I suppose, is that the depth distance between the camera and the character is overwritten by the zoom, which starts at Y=0. Also notice how I added a 1st person camera node. I wanted to know if it would conflict with the third person one, but it didn't. The node's position doesn't affect anything ingame, however, again, I guess, because its information is overruled by the games' engine and perhaps first person animations (since they are used only by the player, it could be that they're hardcoded to be always the same, regardless of the actor class.

Edited by necKros

Sometimes I wonder if you read the posts on previous pages or if you really just write what comes to your heads.

You CAN move the camera bone node to wherever you want it and that will be the point of view you'll see ingame. Here's an example of my dragon skeleton (modded the same day I started the topic):

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Labelissa/Nifkopebonetransform.jpg

Ingame:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Labelissa/Dragon.jpg

To move a node, select it in the node list or viewport, right-click on it and select transform>edit. There you can manually edit its XYZ coords.

Notice that changing the Y coordinate doesn't seem to have any effect ingame. The reason for this, I suppose, is that the depth distance between the camera and the character is overwritten by the zoom, which starts at Y=0. Also notice how I added a 1st person camera node. I wanted to know if it would conflict with the third person one, but it didn't. The node's position doesn't affect anything ingame, however, again, I guess, because its information is overruled by the games' engine and perhaps first person animations (since they are used only by the player, it could be that they're hardcoded to be always the same, regardless of the actor class.

I have not been able to get scaling and translation of items to work when done from Nifscope either. So maybe its not just bones but any translate/rotate/scale modification from within Nifscope?