Nexus Mod Manager Problem... Can't locate game directory?

GLRPrem

NMM works well and it detects my game, my directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim if that's not your directory then that means that you don't have Steam.

Actually, don't assume people use Program Files for Steam :) C is my Windows drive, limited to 50GB. Having Skyrim on my game drive at:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

Regardless, NMM found it easily.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I too had this issue and I think the mod behavior in this place is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen online, ever. You are pretty much banning people for reporting an issue (game directory changes not being applied) and you assume they have all pirated the game. Do you have ANY idea at all of how many different reasons there could be for moving a directory?

Anyway, thanks to Akimotori for providing a solution.

I know this is an old topic but I too had this issue and I think the mod behavior in this place is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen online, ever. You are pretty much banning people for reporting an issue (game directory changes not being applied) and you assume they have all pirated the game. Do you have ANY idea at all of how many different reasons there could be for moving a directory?

Anyway, thanks to Akimotori for providing a solution.

Then why use the same exact directory a pirated copy would? There are dead giveaways noobs do, and they get caught for it. If people are smart enough to download the game illegally, then they should realize that they are entitled to no support from people who paid for it legally. If they cant solve their own issues then they shouldnt even be pirating things anyways.

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

I HAVE PURCHASED THE GAME LEGALLY, before some mod bans me for some reason.

I have moved steam and skyrim because my C:// drive doesnt need steam because steam becomes too big once you get 2 games, okay.

AND NOW NMM for some stupid reason is looking in c://program files(x86) for steam... ITS NOT THERE, please tell me how to make NMM my b***h and to actually listen to where im telling it Skyrim is.

Thank in advance, to anyone that helps me -_-

Hello to all,

I have moved steam and skyrim because my C:// drive doesnt need steam because steam becomes too big once you get 2 games, okay.

AND NOW NMM for some stupid reason is looking in c://program files(x86) for steam... ITS NOT THERE, please tell me how to make NMM my b***h and to actually listen to where im telling it Skyrim is.

Did you go into the NMM settings and change the Skyrim Directory path?

Hello to all,

Did you go into the NMM settings and change the Skyrim Directory path?

I got it working after about 6 reboots and changing a lot of stuff..

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind , problem solved as in I just uninstalled the Manager , for some reason I do not understand that program and find installing mods manually easier .

Oh , and my game is bought legally too by the way as a cd rom at a game store , while installing Skyrim and having to login to my Steam account to input the key I thought 'Why in the world did I not just buy and download it directly from my Steam account?' , as well, the cd rom also uses Steam it turned out, would have saved me a pointless trip if I knew that beforehand! haha

Edited by Ithravir

Hey, i ran in to a similiar problem.

First of all let me explain my situation. I purchased the Fallout 3 GOTY version on steam. When it came to violence steam wouldn't let me change the language and gore settings since I the version is location based. So first of I had to install the game to another direction than the default one and apply several fixes for the english language and the gore to work. Then I wanted to use mods. Therefore I also chose another directory.

Now Nexus Mod Manger had already recognized my old installation of Fallout 3. Upon strating it said that the old directory doesn't contain the relevant files and so on. So I went to rescan the directorys. The manager found the new directory, i signed it off with a tick and the OK button. Now I was given the choice to choose my game to load up in Nexus Mod Manager again. And here lays the problem: When clicking on Fallout 3 after having scanned and set the new directory in Nexus Mod Manager he still redirected me to the old directory when loading up a game and brought up an error despite I had told him the new directory.

After an hour I had the solution: After rescanning the games and then at the window where I could choose the game which Nexus Mod Manager should load up I CLOSED THE PROGRAM. This way the changes for the directory are saved and after strating Nexus Mod Manager again it properly recognized the new directory WITHOUT REINSTALLING. (Reinstalling wasn't an option since I am running 75 skyrim mods already and they are configured perfectly :3).

I hope this helps.

Brenner

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's funny isn't it, but that is the default directory for pirated copies of the game. It is not the default directory for legitimate copies of the game. It's odd that if you knew enough to know what you were doing you would choose that particular default directory. My pirate sensory detectors are tingling.. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

I know this is an old topic but seriously, this is disgraceful moderator behaviour. Steam can be run from anywhere on the computer. You want proof?

http://i.imgur.com/LiqBscQ.png

Fully purchased and running all of my games from the desktop. At least know what you're talking about before accusing people of something because I'd be disgusted if that guy you accused was me.