Companion - Morte

kosaizoo

Hi there.

I had this idea a few days ago and I haven't been able to find anyone who has done it already. Basically the idea is to have Morte from Planescape: Torment as a companion for the player character. I mean, who doesn't want a wisecracking floating skull as a companion on their quest?

I have never made a mod for any game before but when the Creation Kit comes out I'm happy to have a go at making one. If someone else thinks this is a good idea and has experienece with this sort of thing then go right ahead and make it. I just want to get people's thoughts on the idea. So do you think Morte would be a good idea to have as a companion?

Personally I would just have him there to follow me and carry my stuff whilst making jokes all the time. I was able to extract the sound files from my copy of the game so I could use the files in the mod, though I don't think I'd be allowed due to copyright. However would it be possible to lift lines of written dialogue directly from the Planescape: Torment (and would it be a good idea)?

Currently I have just been carrying a round a skull in my inventory and pretending/wishing it could talk :(