Wanting to change her outfit

TehSquishy

Regardless, the NPC will respawn their default clothing after 3 game days or if you leave the game. Until the CK comes out there is no way around this.

IMO, the best looking female NPC when default is the vampire Alda. You don't have to kill her, but I have never tried marrying her either.

Well she actually respawns in her normal clothing even after just leaving the town we live in. I actually REMOVED the original boots and dress she wore, so every time she respawns in the clothing, it's the boots, and her underwear... You said there is no way of resolving this until the CK is out? :\

it absolutely amazes me how Beth has captured the essence of marriage ingame so accurately.

I mean, look at this, we have the same problems with wifes/husbands ingame as we have in real life. :)

P.S. sorry, doesnt really help you but i thought it would "enlighten" the conversation a little.

Well she actually respawns in her normal clothing even after just leaving the town we live in. I actually REMOVED the original boots and dress she wore, so every time she respawns in the clothing, it's the boots, and her underwear... You said there is no way of resolving this until the CK is out? :\

If you make them into a follower with console you can make them wear the same clothes for as long as you want. I made Sylgja a follower and took her miners clothes but left her shoes and she has been wearing the Nocturnal outfit for over a week. She has the dialogue of a follower but lives at my house in Solitude.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/500916-turn-sylgja-or-almost-any-npc-into-a-follower/page__p__4092197__hl__sylgja__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=4092197

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When removing your wife's clothes always type in the item number xxxxxxxxx with a one at the end.

I recommend these codes

player.equipitem 00088952 1

player.equipitem 00088954 1

putting the 1 at the end of the sequence permanently changes the NPC's clothes

• 1 month later...