Keeping two different mod "profiles"

Nephenee13

As far as I know, there is no reason why what I'm about to suggest shouldn't work, but there may already be something to facilitate it, and I just can't find it. Or perhaps I'm completely off base.

Anyway.

Say I have several large scale, mutually incompatible mods in mind. I don't want to use them together, but I want to use them with different characters. It should be possible to have two Data folders in my Oblivion directory, each containing the mods for the character(s) for that specific set of mods. And to switch between them just by renaming one at a time Data, and the other to say "Data (CharacterName)". The main problem I could foresee is getting things muddled up in WryeBash, since its BAIN directory would be shared by both.

But I'm right that this should work, no?

Just a thought, not planning on doing this anytime soon, but in the future I may want to do this, or something similar.

Edited by Nephenee13

It's already possible with Wrye Bash. You can save your load order list and have a different Save game profile for each of your characters. Switching profiles will automatically activate the load order list it was active with, if something is missing you can manually load it with the saved list.

If that isn't enough and you want completely separate Oblivion installs, check out Multiple Oblivion Manager also known affectionately as MOM. :happy:

Edited by omeletted

It's already possible with Wrye Bash. You can save your load order list and have a different Save game profile for each of your characters. Switching profiles will automatically activate the load order list it was active with, if something is missing you can manually load it with the saved list.

If that isn't enough and you want completely separate Oblivion installs, check out Multiple Oblivion Manager also known affectionately as MOM. :happy:

Interesting, I'll look into both.

Edit: Mostly MOM, I'm fairly familiar with WB by now, though I had not realized that it tied Load Order that directly to Save Profiles, which is good to know regardless.

Edited by Nephenee13