Anyone else LOVE the Thalmor?

Violentguy

My first character is a Nord who wants to free Skyrim. My second side character is a deranged psychopath mage of destruction that kills anyone and everyone and who's only goal is to become stronger in the art of destruction. So my first character hates the Thalmor as they want to control Skyrim, my second side character just sees them as more people to kill and nothing more.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're brave for openly admitting you don't just love but LOVE the Thalmor so kudos for that. They're not very popular and I expect a lot of posts speaking of hate for them instead of LOVE.

I guess they, like anyone, have a few things that are likable about them. They dress nicely, the soldiers have some really cool yellow eyes, um and I can't really think of anything else off hand.

But no, I don't like the Thalmor. I don't like them at all.

I play a high elf atm, secretly working for the Thalmor to create as much chaos as possible within the Empire (Stormcloaks, Dark Brotherhood, evil daedra quests, you name it!). Only the highest in command know me, so butchering a few on the road or in the house doesn't matter much, those are the means to an end. The end being total destruction of the empire and total enslavement to the Dominion.

Hail the Dominion!

Kill, destruction, enslavement, domination.

Said the man, who has a big "I AM A PALADIN" signature. I am impressed. :biggrin:

I cracked up laughing when I read this! Toooo funny! :teehee:

As a player, I'm pretty neutral to them. I mean, they dress nicely, but their robes are horribly sub-par compared to ones you can buy in terms of enchants.

As for my character Mel, she hates them with the fury of a thousand exploding suns. It's mostly due to them expanding into Valenwood and their views on racial superiority and whatnot (Mel is a tribal style Wood Elf). So she goes all psycho amazon on them, literally charging towards them with her twin Forsworn axes ("Soul of the Mountain" and "Blightning") wearing only leathers and war paint.

First patrol she came across (while running after the Headless Horseman from Solitude to Rorikstead at a literal sprint 98% of the way) she decapitated the first one (the mage), caved in the skull of the second and the lopped off the head of the last one. After sprinting a good couple of miles. As far as she is concerned, they're KOS.

I hate the Thalmor (I think we're meant to though), and playing a Bosmer, the whole Valenwood thing is pretty irksome. KOS is her only way of dealing with them.

That said, they have a point. Mer were on Tamriel first. Men are the upstarts. Heck, Skyrim was home to the (I'm certain peaceful :rolleyes: ) snow elves before the men chased them off. Maybe my next play through I'll go Imperial or (ugh) Altmer and try to get along nicely.

So far the Thalmor are the only people who haven't called Frost-Bound some kind of leather boot, yeah thats a good way to make friends empire and stormcloaks....

Though the Thalmor did massacre some Argonians so... yeah I stick with stab them all in the face.

my first character is allways elf mage, im pleased to see that elfs are on top for change. but i can´t agree with Thalmor in every point of their phylosofy and politics maners and they little more arogant than suit me ( im archmage that im arogant too). still it´s pitty that i can´t join them. I imagne beeing archmage of winterhold college and Thalmor member would bee interesting after skyrim been weaken and ready for Thalmor expansion

I'm not too fond of the Thalmor. I joined the Legion, and it's all too apparent that they want to overthrow the Empire completely as soon as they can.

Besides, I don't like the way they look at us Dunmer. :ermm: