Nephilim: The Next Iteration (Development Thread)

JetSteele

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

18 days since last update.

Food supplies running low.

No water.

Getting weak

Don't know how much longer I can surviveÃÃÂ

Can only hope help will come soon

May God have mercy on my soul...

here are running bad too... I eat my arm,my leg and all my frinds...i Hope found all you peoples in the heaven. Getting weak...(fainted) Edited by erickbs

Ritual Site Teaser

Well progress has been made...layouts for cells has been established as well as some foundations are in place such as a labyrinth to get to Alicante Valley which is where the ritual site is located and where the ascensions will happen. I won't require the player to travel to Sovngarde to become a Daemon and the primary ascension will no longer require the completion of the main quest.

Rather you only need to complete the mages guild quest line, however the later ascensions (specifically the 3rd one) will require you to obtain a specific artifact from Sovngarde and therefore you will gain access to travel there at will at that point.

The Grigori variant WILL require you to beat the main quest line however the other Angelos variants will not have that requirement. There isn't much info to release at this time as much of the things developed are backend functions. I'll release more info on progress once more of the front end content is completed.

>>Secondary Ascension Class System

​As some who've been following this thread know, there will be 3 Ascensions throughout the mod. The Primary and Tertiary ones are singular meaning that they just unlock new abilities that the player can purchase, the secondary ritual however is the most important one as it will dictate what kind of an angel the player will evolve as and before someone asks it is a ONE time decision which means that you CANNOT change your mind mid-play through.

Here is the finalized listing:

- Reaper: They are naturals at surviving within the shadows, the excel at stealth and eradicating their opponents in a stealthy manner. They are also natural trackers that can sense their targets for quite a distance, just their title alone strikes fear into the hearts of supernaturals around them.

- Seraphim: They are the most feared out of all the angelic ranks as they are masters of holy magic. They utilize their powers to cast out Daedric influence from Nirn as well as to heal and keep those who stay away from Daedra safe. They are a true force of nature.

- Girgori: They are the most volatile out of all their angelic brethren. They've been brought to life out of the amalgamation between a Draconic soul and Angelic grace, they aren't the strongest of Angels however their hybrid nature makes them one of the most difficult species to predict.

To ascend a second time the player will need 50 Grace Fragments and to ascend a third time the player will require to have 100 Grace Fragments on them. The powers themselves will cost less and will vary depending on what the ability does.

>>Release Schedule

​Its time in the development process to discuss how I'll be releasing the mod, the mod itself isn't 100% completed as of yet. I have the ascension rituals to finish testing, the death/resurrection aspect to build, the angelic forces coming after the player to build and a boss battle for the storyline to create.

HOWEVER, because people have been so patient with this project I've decided to release the mod in 4 chunks:

1- Framework, Powers, Cell Layouts and everything fully functioning to play as the 'race'.

2- Death/Resurrection added

3- Boss Battle for quest line

4- Angelic Forces added

Which means that I'll release it as a Beta build and work on finishing off polishing off the mod as I go, for those that want to wait for the complete build they can do so and for those that would like to get a sort of 'early access' to the mod they can do so also.

NOTE: That I'll only release the beta version on the PC (Nexus) and those that have been wanting Nephilim on Xbox will need to wait a little longer until I get all the features into the project (on the plus side it'll mean that if any bugs are found you won't have to deal with them on your console since they'll already be polished out). Reason I'm mentioning Xbox is because I've been getting messages about it and Yes it will also come to you guys when its ready.

• 2 weeks later...

>> Reaper Class Completed

​Just a small update for you guys, the Reaper class is officially completed. The 3 powers that are specific to this class are:

- Chronokinesis: Bring time to a complete standstill which will allow you to kill enemies, walk past people without them suspecting anything, pickpocket people or steal items without anyone being the wiser...you won't get caught for anything you do when time is frozen.

- Resurrection: Resurrect any person (you will never get a too powerful to be resurrected message no matter what).

- Supernatural Perception: A Detect Life ability which only turns off when you decide and will track enemies who are alive and who've died in real time.

>> Beta1

​As I've mentioned in a previous post, I will be releasing the mod in segments (though fully functional and with a lot of testing already done, reason I'm calling it a Beta is because not all features will be implemented in Day 1) and the first Beta release is almost ready to go live.

What remains to be completed:

- 3 Seraphim Powers

- 3 Grigori Powers

- 3 Angelos Powers

After these last 9 powers are created I will be doing some last minute testing and then Beta1 will be ready for release. We're in the home stretch now before this mod goes live, I just want to thank everyone for being patient while waiting for the mod to be completed.

Read Previous Post For Info On Release Schedule (What Features Will Be In Each Beta)