True Bard Mod

Deleted2792127User

I would like to see (or make it myself) a Bard mod. The mod would have these features....

Ability to play lutes/flutes/etc in game (same as the existing bards do, the animation in in the game)

Add a Bard perk tree with perks like (perform ... make money at taverns or shows, cast buffs via music)

Adds a performance stage in Solitude, maybe the stage where the Nord is executed when you first enter the city.

Add several new songs (I know classical guitarists who will record with me, I have also played for 25 years)

Add the ability to hang your lute on your back, just like swords or arrows do.

Add a quest line where nobles invite you to play for them, or you are asked to play at random parties.

Anyone else have ideas to add to this, or changes?

You could add some kinds of spells under "Shout" that would be like the same thing, but are songs.

Like buffs kinda

Example:

The Archmage's Tale

Singe a song of the tales from the newest Archmage. Increases the damage from Fire, Frost, and Shock spells by 15%, and increases the duration of magic effects by 20% for 60 seconds.

3 hour cooldown (Ingame of course)

The Fall of the Black Dragon

Sing a song of victory of the fall of Alduin. Increases the damage done to dragons by 20% for 60 seconds.

Once per day

etc

I would like to see (or make it myself) a Bard mod. The mod would have these features....

[stuff]

I like these ideas.

I did consider making a character specifically to see what options joining the bard college offered - I kind of assumed you would be given the ability to perform, but wasn't sure how restrictive it was. (Please don't tell me what happens, I hate being given even the mildest spoilers).

I don't think bard playing should defeat dragons or be too combat related. I think this option should give you quest lines that either involve counselling or spying on jarls, and allow you to get involved in a political metagame.

I would love to see more song options in taverns. I agree with the lute as an equippable item that shows on your back the way a weapon does. I also wondered if it would be possible to use the execution area as a stage, where either a player or an NPC actor could stand up and sing to a crowd on certain days.

Listening to or playing music should give you a minor buff of some sort (SWG style).

Edited by CampanaAliquanta

Political metagame sounds like a fitting project for a Bard to do, however, I would like to see Bards with the potential for combat (Final Fantasy jobs have spoiled me with the surreal.)

My idea is simple: allow players to equip already present instruments in the game to use in indirect combat -- using them as stronger versions of Illusion spells -- to bolster allies and wear away at an enemies health.

While Illusion magic already does the following, these instruments would be spell-cost free with the cost being versatility. All instruments would be two-handed weapons and switching between, say, a Lute (Calm) and a Drum (Courage), would take some time to do. That or once an instrument is "played" there's cooldown associated with it.

I propose this only because when if I Bard, I'd like to do it full-time. There will always be the option to Mage-Bard or Warrior-Bard but this suggestion would add another avenue of playability.

My idea is simple: allow players to equip already present instruments in the game to use in indirect combat -- using them as stronger versions of Illusion spells -- to bolster allies and wear away at an enemies health.

I think the idea of giving the player these skills doesn't work for me because of how Skyrim's combat is set up - you're supposed to be the hero and the focal point, and often there is just you (+ optional companion) fighting, whereas a bard should be playing from the sidelines to motivate a group or an army.

Extra gameplay options never hurt though.

I think the idea of giving the player these skills doesn't work for me because of how Skyrim's combat is set up - you're supposed to be the hero and the focal point, and often there is just you (+ optional companion) fighting, whereas a bard should be playing from the sidelines to motivate a group or an army.

Extra gameplay options never hurt though.

I don't see how it different it would be from a Conjuration Mage summoning a Dremora Lord.

someone should add different music for the existing Bard NPC's to play as well....

having them play the same 2 or 3 songs all across skyrim and having the same voice? idk what they were thinking

Perhaps, but we already have Bard songs in the game (albeit performed by VA's) but present sure enough. How much effort would it take to apply this to a Bard moveset?

It's true that the Bard's College needs a major rework, to fix Bethesda's f*** up of an incoherent faction, but unless these sorts of bard playability changes are made it would be useless to play a bard. For role-play lovers, this would be a great mod with a pre-existing guild. I really like the bard perk constellation idea, however, it might be more playable if it was split into the skills of music and verse. As well it would be great if bards had a crafting action for script and song writing; like a selection of prerecorded, interchangeable lines and lyrics. These crafted writings could be "enchanted" with spell effects that the bard knows and affect a large AoE around the bard. This is an excellent idea and I really hope that you take a swing at it.

Ability to play lutes/flutes/etc in game (same as the existing bards do, the animation in in the game)

Add a Bard perk tree with perks like (perform ... make money at taverns or shows, cast buffs via music)

Adds a performance stage in Solitude, maybe the stage where the Nord is executed when you first enter the city.

Add several new songs (I know classical guitarists who will record with me, I have also played for 25 years)

Add the ability to hang your lute on your back, just like swords or arrows do.

Add a quest line where nobles invite you to play for them, or you are asked to play at random parties.

I love this idea! I'd add the option to "perform for lodging" to innkeepers so that their in house bard can take a night off and maybe learn some new songs plus the chance of earning tips from the audience. I would love to see harps added to the game too (but that would probably require a ton of new animations so not sure how feasible that would be). And the ability to track all the songs I've come across in in-game lore books in one central inventory book.