The Next Elder Scrolls will be all of Tamriel

dukeozzy

I personally cannot see that happening. Either the game would have to be massively scaled (spanning multiple discs), or dumbed down to some kind of FF-style overworld set-up.

Even if they did approach it with multiple discs, the introduction of Summerset, Elsweyr, High Rock, Black Marsh, Valenwood, and Hammerfell would probably lose their individual charm. I would prefer they stuck to one province, and really made it stand out, and not be too similar to the Cyrodillic styles that we've seen.

Actually I don't think there will even be a next one (i.e an installment that is a significant improvement over skyrim, like skyrim was over oblivion) unless the engine is improved even further, think pixol based engines rendering in atoms with powerful physics capabilites (actual footprints in the dynamic real time accumulating snow)

Most likely what we will see i the near future are official addons (DLC's) and more importantly mods adding the rest of tamriel to skyrim (apparently the dev's have already included the rest of tamriel albiet in a smaller scale beyond the skyrim landscape, so the base already exists.)

Edited by NikhilR

Actually I don't think there will even be a next one (i.e an installment that is a significant improvement over skyrim, like skyrim was over oblivion) unless the engine is improved even further, think pixol based engines rendering in atoms with powerful physics capabilites (actual footprints in the dynamic real time accumulating snow)

Most likely what we will see i the near future are official addons (DLC's) and more importantly mods adding the rest of tamriel to skyrim (apparently the dev's have already included the rest of tamriel albiet in a smaller scale beyond the skyrim landscape, so the base already exists.)

so is the scale like the same as in like, if I played oblivion, it would be roughly the same size?

Be interesting expansion packs if you traveled back and forth between each province.

I can easily see another TES game coming out in 6 years time. There are more power we can juice out of out computers, which means graphic can be improved.

As I tell others: The landmass means NOTHING. It takes max a week to get a decent landmass of the whoe tamriel. It does not mean they plan to make a DLC to give us every other country.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. Would take them ages to do justice to the sheer size and diversity of the world. It would either feel a lot smaller than you'd expect, or would be dated by the time they got it finished. Still a lovely idea, hope they can manage it at some point.