What do you want for Christmas

Thor.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted a rather unusual gift this year. You know how there are some gifts you get people because you don't know what else to get them? Like those Pepperidge Farm cheese or meat box trays, fruit baskets, and the like? Well...I mention it because I actually really wanted a fruit basket. (Hey, fresh fruit is expensive. I'm not actually going to buy that for myself. I would have to take out a second mortgage if I did!)

Growing up, every year my grandmother would receive a fruit basket and those Pepperidge Farm tray thingies. I never cared much for the meat and cheese thing but I loved the fruit baskets. It wasn't really anything particularly special: it was just a variety of nuts, oranges, apples and red grapes. Well, I missed having that and I wanted one like my grandmother had because to me, that was "Christmas-y". So when my sister asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I said, "Okay, I will make it easy on you. I want a fruit basket. Keep it simple, it doesn't have to be expensive or huge, just a small one because otherwise, we might not eat it all before the fruit goes bad."

Well, my sister never does anything by halves. As she said and I quote, "Nothing is too good for my little sister." I actually received my fruit basket today...but instead of just the simple and small that I expected and would've been perfectly happy with (I'm a simple gal), she got me an Edible Arrangement. Oh my god, if you haven't seen one, click here and drool. It's beautiful. It's sitting in my fridge right now and I can't wait until I'm hungry again so I can eat on it. I don't think I could've wished for anything nicer.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)