Fleshing Out the Menu System Possible ?

Bittermace

Ok I have a couple of ideas that Id like to run by the coding type modders that I think would really make the menu a little less....cluttered in some ways.

Firstly, I'd like to know if it would be possible to add a couple of new headings to the menu as the "misc" section seems to get a little cluttered.

The way the menu is setup right now it has these headings:

Weapons, Apparel, Potions, Ingredients, Books, Keys, Misc.

Id like to know if its possible to add a couple of new headings so a new menu may look like this:

Weapons, Tools, Apparel, Jewlery, Potions, Ingredients, Soul Gems, Books, Keys, Quest Item's, Misc

My thoughts on this are as follows:

Jewlery, There are so many types of jewl/ gems & jewlery that they litter the misc and apparel section and confuse the items that your actualy looking to use. Im suggestion a specific heading for these to be able to keep them all together.

Soul Gems, Now this ones a huge problem for me cuz not only are they a key part in skyrim there placed in the MISC section :| I think these would be best suited to there own heading really, ANyone else accidently trapped a lesser soul in a grand gem purley based on the fact that Grand, Lesser and Petty soul gems are at the top middle and bottom of your misc section with a dozen jewls and gems in between that you not only cant evaluate what you have/ need you also gotta find out if any of them are empty.

Quest Items, Purley for when your trying to drop items these are undropable and again just litter the misc section.

Tools, Just a section id like to see for pick axes, axe's lock picks, Hammers etc

My Second thought is being able to seperate your in-use items and inventory items.

I'd just like to see the in-use item's displayed at the top of each heading so I can compare them easier with items I am thinking of swapping them out for.

Anyways, any coders got any input on the possibilities of this :)

I completely agree with this idea. I hate trying to store apparel in my storage bin, only to accidentally throw in a crown/tiara/necklace/ring. I would also not mind it at all if there were sub-headers in each major heading. For example, under the main heading "Apparel" there could be "Heavy Armor" A-Z, then "Light Armor" A-Z, then "Clothes" A-Z. If this seems like too much for the menu, then maybe this type of sub-header could be useful for storage bins? Storage bins, from what I've seen, don't even categorize your items by alphabetical order. Everything is just thrown in there randomly.

I would like the favorites menu to be fixed.

I hate the fact that I can't equip two steel maces, because when I use one from the favorites menu, the other one somehow becomes unfavorited.

Also, the way it won't let you access any dual-wielding combos after using a spell or a bow is frustrating too; it just keeps switching between the two weapons in your combo.