Thicker Darker Forests (Woods)

chocolambot

I think it would be great if there was a mod to make some forrested areas REALLY THICK and DARK (like trees blocking out the sun).

So that hiding amongst the trees was a possibility and it added to the atmosphere of the game.

The only tricky bit I can think of for a modder to do this would be the more finessed pathfinding requied, as the forest trees would be closer together in a thick dark forest.

Other then this, it would be so fun to light up a torch and go adventuring into a dark forest, some new mobs would be cool to spawn in these areas too.

I think it would be great if there was a mod to make some forrested areas REALLY THICK and DARK (like trees blocking out the sun).

So that hiding amongst the trees was a possibility and it added to the atmosphere of the game.

The only tricky bit I can think of for a modder to do this would be the more finessed pathfinding requied, as the forest trees would be closer together in a thick dark forest.

Other then this, it would be so fun to light up a torch and go adventuring into a dark forest, some new mobs would be cool to spawn in these areas too.

In some places such a mod would be pretty awesome if this does not exist natural ingame... Ancient woods with giant trees and spider caves, werewolves, whatever else monsters like the dark...

maybe even have clearings in those dark forest places... were dryads, uniquehorns and other friendly and magical lifeforms rest... for they are places with abundant pure magical energy...

In some places such a mod would be pretty awesome if this does not exist natural ingame... Ancient woods with giant trees and spider caves, werewolves, whatever else monsters like the dark...

maybe even have clearings in those dark forest places... were dryads, uniquehorns and other friendly and magical lifeforms rest... for they are places with abundant pure magical energy...

Precisely, almost like a dungeon, but still very much outdoors (multiple exits, no invisible walls to keep you in the forest, glints of sunlight through the trees)

You could make a kind of cavernous forest grotto, like where you go to revive the gildegleam, or whatever the hell that tree was called.

That place was pretty until the Spriggans showed up.

f***ing nymphs. >:{

It would be pretty cool if you could make it into a maze too.

If almost every tree in a wide range looks the same on the ground, the grounds keep going up and down and there are attacks inside this foggy forest where shadows (day) or darkness (Night), created by the trees, hinder your sight and you have no compass or gps... and all the time having like hallucinations (distorting screen... glowing eyes through the darkness and howls of wolfs and ghosts) i think you are going to be pretty lost...

It would be pretty cool if you could make it into a maze too.

If almost every tree in a wide range looks the same on the ground, the grounds keep going up and down and there are attacks inside this foggy forest where shadows (day) or darkness (Night), created by the trees, hinder your sight and you have no compass or gps... and all the time having like hallucinations (distorting screen... glowing eyes through the darkness and howls of wolfs and ghosts) i think you are going to be pretty lost...

Oh man, that sounds fun!

Kind of like that forrest in the hobbit, umm Mirkwood?

theres gotta be some glemori witch place there as well dont you think? maybe an abandoned house as well.

Plus heres a thought, should fast travel be disabled from the forest so when you're lost, you really are lost and have to find a way out.

theres gotta be some glemori witch place there as well dont you think? maybe an abandoned house as well.

Plus heres a thought, should fast travel be disabled from the forest so when you're lost, you really are lost and have to find a way out.

fasttravel should be entirely deleted and exchanged with teleportation stones (In Cities and important places) to be activated and the old 'mark and recall'

and of course the 'mark and recall' should not work there...