WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

My dream mod would be either 1) Oscurro's Skyrim Overhaul, or 2) a mod that allows you to apply magic spells to your arrows, eg: flaming arrows, in which it combines the effect of the spell and the damage of the arrow into one shot.

Yep FCOM for Skyrim would be the grand Ultimate mod for me.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream mod would be either 1) Oscurro's Skyrim Overhaul, or 2) a mod that allows you to apply magic spells to your arrows, eg: flaming arrows, in which it combines the effect of the spell and the damage of the arrow into one shot.

Yep FCOM for Skyrim would be the grand Ultimate mod for me.

A mod that brings back the feeling most RPGs of today lack - something that brings back the great difficulty, immersion and charm of those old games like Daggerfall, Baldur's gate and such - with a lot of new features that flesh out the game world. And probably some more interesting stories - remember Planescape: Torment? :P

i want a temple dedicated to one of my ansesters where i do missons to get it and to have people join and daedrick hearts can be used to upgrade dwarven wepons and armor to be higher than daedrick armor an a shout in the temple that sumons a dwarven army Edited by rya41

Skyrim without fantasy. No magic, no bullcrap lightning thingy, undead stuff, talking animals, etc.

A Skyrim based Mount and Blade. Authentic medieval sandbox with feasts, intrigues, competing lords, fief management, etc.

Surely that'll never happen, somehow magic and stuff is pushing your buttons, right?

Skyrim would be a pretty darn lame game with only normal weapons, No Voice, No Magic, No Undead, No Dragons, No Gods.

My dream mod would be Skyrim in the future. With modern day looking cities, and firearms that don't shoot like a frigging staff. There would still be the Voice, Magic, Dragons, and all manner of monsters. The world is just advanced. Cell phones, cars, satellites, TVs...

I imagine it wouldn't be too terribly hard. Just replacing the current cities with new ones, creating custom shooting animations, creating better physics for cars (Or no cars, just subways that you wont even need to do anything special like mess with physics to make working cars, you could just watch the doors open, enter, sit down. Then when the doors close, normal loading screen and the doors open again and your in another subway location).

Another, less impossible (Because seriously, I don't think anyone will have the heart to try to make the above modern-day mod), is a Brothel mod. Adding brothels to Riften, Windhelm, Markarth, and Whiterun as well as a new faction and quests involving AP when you work for the brothel and eventually become the lead/owner/whateva.

Hi

Well my dream mod would be cities as big as the cities in Assasins Creed, which also includes huge areas for farming and in the End a Skyrim that is so big that walking the distance between two cities will take hours in real time.

For example, Whiterun (at least as far as i remember) should be trade hub. That means there should be a huge market for merchants from everywhere, selling exotic weapons and armors, potions, mercenary services and so on. You should feel small when you enter such a city, you should feel insignificant. In such a city you will find many taverns, houses of the local traders and so on.. Maybe even guilds of Mercenaries or Traders..

Another mod would be to take over locations, which means like a bandit camp, a fort, a mine and so on. West of falkreach there is a bandit camp on a plateau with a mine, which would be perfect to take over. The general idea behind it, is that you would be able to employ people (guards, miners, hunters (for food), a cook and so on) to continue the mining business or as another example you could take over a fort (or a ruin). But when you take over a fort you need to decide, to support the stormcloaks or the imperials. Then you could tell your companions to train recruits for the armies. Later you can rebuild the fortress to a mighty stronghold and send out patrols to keep the area safe for example your mining business. Something like that..

Sorry i'm not a native speaker in english, so if there are many mistakes or something not really clear, then just ask. :whistling:

A mod that brings back the feeling most RPGs of today lack - something that brings back the great difficulty, immersion and charm of those old games like Daggerfall, Baldur's gate and such - with a lot of new features that flesh out the game world. And probably some more interesting stories - remember Planescape: Torment? :P

Pretty much the same here, I am all for immersion. For example vanilla skyrim, the taverns are rather empty..when there should be a lot more patrons. I found a mod that adds more NPCs, although they're all labled the same and none of them can be spoken to or give you quest.

Come on now, I think we all have the same dream mod that is INSANE it has to be a dream MOD and hopefully will be a dream dlc that comes out in the future; becoming a dragon.

The lore is there since you have the blood and soul of a dragon...can absorb the life essence of other dragons....the fact that Bethesda didn't release this option at launch either tells me two things:

1. They got lazy/ didn't want to deal with the hassle because it's too much work (and I don't mean a hassle in designing a playable and effective dragon transforming mod, after all there have been casual modders on this site who have done that, but to overcome the inevitable lag since the sky isn't meant for the players to "fly" or ever be in, and also the fact that the game has to load large areas in a quick amount of time).

2. Bethesda realized this is a crucial part of the game experience so instead of incorporating it at launch decided that the dragon aspect should be one of their later dlc's to collect on an assured HUGE turnout, since anyone who has bought Skyrim has certainly invested countless hours in the game, and are almost forced into buying that dlc whenever it comes out since it's almost a must for the full feel of the game.

I'm leaning towards option #2 myself.