WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

As much as I like Skyrim, I kinda feel like Bethesda has been dumbing their games down further as well as trying to make the players follow a specific path in their gameplay with each iteration. So far, my favorite TES game has been Morrowind and my dream mod would take the mechanics of that game and reintroduce it to Skyrim.

Bring back all the spells (with the possible exception of levitate since it would break dungeons with the way a lot of them seem to have a ledge you can jump from once you've completed it to get right back to the entrance).

Bring back spellcrafting and scrolls.

Bring back medium armor as well as now missing weapon types.

Remove essential status from the game completely and allow people to break quests. Let them kill kids too.

Bring back racial tensions and slavery.

Bring back character stats like strength and personality.

There's more differences between the two games but, you get the jist of it. The first thing I'd do with a mod like that is go kill Maven and trap her in soul gem then go toss that soul gem into the sea of ghosts. There's a few other characters I'd do that to but, she'd be at the top of the list.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having given it some thought, I realize my dream mod is -not- the ability to go in and claim a cave, a castle, or someone's home. Rather, it is a bigger and richer Skyrim with larger cities.

First, what I mean by bigger, is if the land was twice (or more) the size it is while still resembling (as much as possible) the original layout. Then, with the added space, increase the size of the cities...make them feel more like cities then tiny little villages. Even in the large cities I felt like there should be a whole other half of the city for the proper scope. Within these cities, the one that have Jarls, I want to feel like the Jarls are not just middle class above a lower class....I want to feel as if they really are rich and command respect.

In this dream mod, not only would many of the mods that have been made now feel more immersive (no longer making the Dragonborn seem like some golden god-king of cash), but with the added space modders could put even more into the game and it would feel more like a province.

I've got done with a Supernatural marathon and now I have the need to play as an angel or demon. Like if I was a demon my character would be a black cloud of smoke unable to be harmed or do harm until I took possession of a meat suit! I could posses different people I wanted and maybe even a new NPC cross roads demon where you can make deals and alter the meat suits appearance to your liking for a dragon soul! The would be sweet.

My request for "Take Home Ownership" got 0 replies 0 views. Since I can't bump it, I will add it to this thread:

If I kill an NPC and grab his key, I want to take ownership of his house, and all his items. I want the items to ne longer be flagged with "Steel ___" when I mouse over them. I also want to be able to store items in all containers in that cell without them being reloaded to their defaults. (This last one is the hard part).

It is ok to give me a spell to do the following, after verifying that the key-owner is dead (this way the script doesn't have to run everytime I kill someone).

A couple of people have tried this one" "Take this home" and "Owned" were each mods in Nexus, but they are both hidden for some reason or other. I am guessing the complexity took its toll of the authers.

A new Combat mod for hand held weapons only ( ie not archery and magic), that triggers buttons( like A,S,D,W and other keys) when engaged in combat. To win the fight, the keys have to be pressed in the correct sequence and at the right time, the combat engine does the rest. As your level progresses, the buttons are triggered faster and thus combat gets tougher. Two buttons are triggered when dual wielding weapons. In case of multiple enemies attacking at the same time, the triggering of buttons gets faster, with an additional triggered button to dodge incoming arrows from far away enemies. Correctly pressing the right combination of buttons at the end makes you perform a killmove. The same applies to combat with dragons. The idea behind the mod is to make you correctly respond to the situation and thus avoid your character from getting any mortal wounds. So now it wont be just hacking and slashing, you have to be quick to dodge and attack (and dodge incoming arrows) by pressing the right combination.

I'd like more lore-friendly clothing and armor mods that fit the smaller bodies. Do you have any idea how many times I've seen a high quality, intricately detailed armor set only to click the full image and ask "Where are her pants?" I don't mind that some people prefer a different visual aesthetic, but I play Skyrim because I want to be a part of that era and get drawn in to that world. The amount of mods that allow me to do this are shockingly limiting. High heeled combat boots? No thanks, not for me. I have yet to find more than one or two solid, good lore-friendly armor/clothing mods. It is Skyrim, land of leather and fur. You can do so many things with those. Instead we've got spandex and bikini armor (and high heels).

I just want a whole set of armor mods that take my breath away while being lore friendly.

As much as I like Skyrim, I kinda feel like Bethesda has been dumbing their games down further as well as trying to make the players follow a specific path in their gameplay with each iteration. So far, my favorite TES game has been Morrowind and my dream mod would take the mechanics of that game and reintroduce it to Skyrim.

Bring back all the spells (with the possible exception of levitate since it would break dungeons with the way a lot of them seem to have a ledge you can jump from once you've completed it to get right back to the entrance).

Bring back spellcrafting and scrolls.

Bring back medium armor as well as now missing weapon types.

Remove essential status from the game completely and allow people to break quests. Let them kill kids too.

Bring back racial tensions and slavery.

Bring back character stats like strength and personality.

There's more differences between the two games but, you get the jist of it. The first thing I'd do with a mod like that is go kill Maven and trap her in soul gem then go toss that soul gem into the sea of ghosts. There's a few other characters I'd do that to but, she'd be at the top of the list.

I think the only one of these ideas would work is the reintroduction of attributes but still these skills are already assimulated with the perk trees. Also the reason that the other content won't work is A) because it wasn't built for the game B) It would be too hard to implement and C) It would cause an uproar

I'd like more lore-friendly clothing and armor mods that fit the smaller bodies. Do you have any idea how many times I've seen a high quality, intricately detailed armor set only to click the full image and ask "Where are her pants?" I don't mind that some people prefer a different visual aesthetic, but I play Skyrim because I want to be a part of that era and get drawn in to that world. The amount of mods that allow me to do this are shockingly limiting. High heeled combat boots? No thanks, not for me. I have yet to find more than one or two solid, good lore-friendly armor/clothing mods. It is Skyrim, land of leather and fur. You can do so many things with those. Instead we've got spandex and bikini armor (and high heels).

I just want a whole set of armor mods that take my breath away while being lore friendly.

I think I know the mod you are looking for...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733//?

Its called immersive armours, it adds ( i think) over 100 new armour sets that work for both males and females, and better yet they aren't tramp or stupidly exposed with the women variants! Also, as you can guess, these mods are meant to be very lore friendly and fit with skyrim's overarching theme

the armor from the characters from the Hellgate London video, the one with Rammstein singing Moskou in the back

maybe even with multiple version... full armor, or just the plating without the suit underneath (skimpy)

for CBBE

if someone feels like making this, but without the skimpy-fied version.. I would not mind, I just really want that armor for CBBE