Constant crashes at windhelm

Lathalias

Hello everyone, I've been modding for awhile now, since the launch of oblivion. However i've done a new Skyrim install since I got a new ssd but im having some ctd issues. Im hoping that someone here may have an answer for me as to why I am constantly crashing when I fast travel, take a carriage or walk to windhelm. The crash happens as soon as i enter the area around windhelm/windhelm stables. Generally when coming from the west along the river to where the wolves in my case attack just before the bridge. As stated I get a ctd if I try to fast travel or take a carriage to windhelm as well. In addition I occasionally get random ctds, sometimes immediately when i start skyrim before i even get the bethesda logo, though these are rare.

I've cleaned all files that Loot said to clean, as well as sorted my load order and made a bashed patch. I've attached my load order, skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini. Also this skyrim install was done around a week ago, so fairly fresh. Not shown on my load order is obviously texture mods im using, which include tamriel reloaded hd, skyrim 2k, vivd landscapes and amidianborn texturepacks, they're may be others, if someone knows how to get a list of all texture mods installed and could tell me I can upload that if required. I am also using skse, and have done the memory patch. I currently have block1 set to 768, but have tried 1024 as well, didn't make any difference however. I am using an enb as well, and will include my enblocal file in case its needed. If any other information is needed just ask. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Lathalias

Hello,

Here is a list of things that may help stabilizing your game if not already been done. :

/// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs :

• Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page. You may use this updated guide to clean your masters. It contains the same automated cleaning procedure as Gopher explains in his video + repeating once for Dawnguard.esm + some selective manual cleaning.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.

/// Load order / mods conflicts :

/// Settings / memory :

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

• Read here, this is potentially a cause of CTD that you can resolve by following the mod procedure on this page.

/// Useful informations :

/// Credits : these persons deserve their kudos, (among others) not referenced here by an accessible profile but provide help with articles and other stuff linked above.

Hope this helps.

Hello, and thanks for the quick response, Ill begin to go through these suggestions now. I've updated my original post to reflect some things you suggested that i've done and forgot to add such as using Loot to sort my load order, making a bashed patch and cleaning files that needed cleaning. I will however go through the rest of this list and make the changes suggested and report back.

Well after checking every mod and bsa pack for mesh errors, and copying over the new meshes as well as using the crashfix plugin im still getting the same crash. So I guess next is check for mod conflicts with tesedit.

Edited by Lathalias

You may also try a selective loading : untick 50% of your mods, beginning by the end of your load order and test in game. Then depending on if the problem occurs again or not, increase /decrease the remaining loading mods to find the culprit. Then, if you find a mod that seems to be the culprit, load all your mods in Tes5edit to go further, using Thalassa manual patch video above to patch the involved plugins..