Remodel a necklace to Amulet of Articulation

4spam

Simple question - how do I make one item look like another, existing item?

If you can point me to a guide or link me the tools I need - I'll do it myself.

Or if you have a minute to create the file I need - you can have my babies.

So, by far the best looking necklace I've seen in the game so far is the Amulet of Articulation achieved when becoming the master of the Thief's Guild. How may I remake some other necklace, for example:

000877F1 JewelryNecklaceGoldDiamond

to appear as the Amulet of Articulation?

Don't have any experience with modding, could someone explain what I need to do or perhaps give me the finished product? Probably takes a minute for any competent modder.

Edited by 4spam

It would involve digging into the game files, finding the mesh and textures used by the Amulet of Articulation and the Gold Diamond Necklace, and replacing the Gold Diamond Necklace's files with the Amulet of Articulation's files. This is done just by renaming the AoA ones to the names of the files used by the GDN. I don't know what tools people are using to get into Skyrim's files, but once you do that it's fairly simple. Once they're renamed you just drag/drop them into the Data folder like any other texture/mesh replacer, making sure they're in the right folders.

It would involve digging into the game files, finding the mesh and textures used by the Amulet of Articulation and the Gold Diamond Necklace, and replacing the Gold Diamond Necklace's files with the Amulet of Articulation's files. This is done just by renaming the AoA ones to the names of the files used by the GDN. I don't know what tools people are using to get into Skyrim's files, but once you do that it's fairly simple. Once they're renamed you just drag/drop them into the Data folder like any other texture/mesh replacer, making sure they're in the right folders.

Well, considering that by default the folders for modded items don't exist in the Data folder - I wouldn't even know where to put the files. There must be a guide of some sort, I'm trying to look for one now, no luck yet. If you ever come across one - leave the link here, I'd appreciate it lots.

Well, considering that by default the folders for modded items don't exist in the Data folder - I wouldn't even know where to put the files. There must be a guide of some sort, I'm trying to look for one now, no luck yet. If you ever come across one - leave the link here, I'd appreciate it lots.

You'd find the folder in the .BSA files or whatever they're called now.

will get you started on finding the files. The file structure should be basically what it looks like in the .BSAs. So if the file for the AoA is in textures/apparel/whatever/whatever, make that same folder structure in the Data folder. Sorry if that's not a huge help but that video should get you on the road to doing it. Like I said, if you follow the video's instructions you'll be able to find the files you need. Copy the files for AoA and rename them to the same names as the GDN, then paste the new files in your Data folder using the folder structure you dig up while extracting them.