Dragon Riders of Skyrim - An Eragon/Inheritance Based Mod

tomhughes

598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

'Alduin is gone. The Dovah are in disorder. Skyrim is in chaos. Only an alliance can save them both.

With Alduin gone and the Dovah in a strained relationship with the Dovahkiin only an alliance between the two can prevent further war. To this end the Dovahkiin became formed a partnership with Odahviing thus beginning the Dragon-Riders. More Dovahkiin were soon discovered across Skyrim and futher bonds were formed. Now with the joined power of the Dovah and Dovahkiin finally someone might stand up to the might of the the Aldmeri Dominion.

Dragon-Riders, Dragon Brothers, DOVAH-ZEYMAH!

So there we with the basic premise. This is my plan for a Dragon Rider based mod based on ideas from the Eragon (Inheritance) series of books. This is the plan:

i) Gameplay Changes

- Rideable Dragons (probably a work in progress somewhere) - preferably with usable shouts from Dragonback, maybe weapons but seems quite hard

- More shouts - quicker use with more variation in power (in the books magic is done by words strung together - I believe this system could work well)

ii) New faction & quests - the Dovah-Zeymah

- Dragons & Dovahkiin are paired together forming a new order - not sure their role yet but I believe this could expand into a faction against the Aldmeri Dominion taking over Skyrim.

- New questline following Alduin's defeat as you create this new order and lead it to prominence

- New faction HQ north of Skyrim (think Doru Araeba) large enough to hold the Dragons

So that's it. Yeah just that. As I see it this would be a fairly likely scenario following Alduin's defeat - the Dragon's would be afraid of the Dovahkiin (he defeated the most powerful of them!) and Skyrim is weak following civil war prompting the Dominion to invade.

Anyway I'm not a modder (yet) so any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. From what I have seen from Oblivion mods this is all entirely possible so I am very keen to begin soon.

Stamfordian

Edited by tomhughes

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the very first badic thing we need to be able to to do anything dragon riding based when the CS comes out to actually see ifit is at all possible to ride Dragons as I seen the flyingis very tricjky to manually control.

I may be going on a tangent but I have a bad feeling ridable dragons could not be possible when flying except when they crawl around on the floor.

Fingers crossed I wrong!

Yeah there are definitely several concepts that would work - I chose Inheritance because the Shout system works perfectly with the magic system from the books. My plan with this mod is to make a few comonenet mods (Dragon-riding, shout system) and then combine them, unified by a custom quest line. However, I've not modded before so I don't know yet.

Although I am perfectly happy with the current shouts system long term my plan is this: Combine several - probably limit at 3 or maybe 5, shout words (plan to add more) to combine effects. Much less cooldown time as well.

P.S. If anyone can think of a way of implementing the Eragon magic system please contact me!

I think the very first badic thing we need to be able to to do anything dragon riding based when the CS comes out to actually see ifit is at all possible to ride Dragons as I seen the flyingis very tricjky to manually control.

I may be going on a tangent but I have a bad feeling ridable dragons could not be possible when flying except when they crawl around on the floor.

Fingers crossed I wrong!

Given there is already a mount Dragon sequence from the main quest as well as flying animations for Dragon animations I would imagine it is possible - in Oblivion there was a very good Akatosh mount and there weren't even dragons in that game so it all seems fairling promising

This was something I was planning on doing to because I like the Idea So heres a suggestion to you

You can Make it to where you find an egg first and it hatches it'll grow up with you like you have to feed it every so often and it'll get bigger each time you do. So you it gives the dragon a feeling of depth to it like you actually helped it grow and when it starts to get bigger you ride it!