Dragon Riders of Skyrim - An Eragon/Inheritance Based Mod

tomhughes

598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

Have you ever thought about doing something more.. well,lore specific? Alagaesia is big and gives many different options for storyline,if you want to go with those. Or have you already started to work with this one?

Anyways,i haven't been modelling for about 6 months now since i've had better things to do in IRL. I'm still quite busy with my friends,gf and school,but i'll try to help you as much as i can :) Trying to get meh awesome skillz back right now.. see you soon :wink:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, gog, yes! I want this so bad (referring to OP, haven't read through the whole thread)!

My favorite animal is dragons so having to kill them sort of breaks my heart. I'll do it, I mean, the world IS in danger because of them in this game but... I still would like to be able to actually befriend them like this.

I've read about Odahviing (though I haven't gotten to that part; I'm bad about spoiling stuff for myself when seeking info on something XP), and I admit that I like the idea of summoning him whenever I want and riding him as a finale of the game but I love dragons and want to be able to do so much more with them. Especially since I read an article that said not all of the dragons are initially out to get you and that some would rather be left alone. My line of thought was that if there are some that are just tolerant of the regular mortals, then wouldn't there be some that are curious about us as well.

I want to see this so bad, and fighting that freaking Aldmeri Dominion (which I've come to loathe over the course of my gameplay) with a freaking dragon? Badass, man, simply badass. I could easily see the OP's story being a new game, or at least a DLC/expansion. I would eagerly pay for such an expansion pack, and I'm sure there are other dragon-lovers like me who would do the same.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that wanted to do something besides having to kill the dragons; in fact, when I was getting Skyrim, that is exactly what I brought up with the Gamestop cashier, was that I wish there were more games where you actually befriend the dragon and get to be like a dragonrider. Especially with the graphics we have today; the dragons would be awesome (as proved by this very game--Skyrim).

I am definitely watching this thread.

Could you do it so that magic works off stamina, not magika, like in the inheritance books?

Don't forget that if you do this, attempting to cast any spells after stamina hits 0 would kill you. I assume the stamina bar in game is excess energy, as the Dovakiin can still fight after his stamina is at 0. Therefore, casting too many spells after the stamina hits 0 would kill him, according to Inheritance books. Actually, that adds a bit of an edge to magick, which (especially destruction) is pretty overpowered, in my experience. I'd definitely like to see this concept applied to magick in Skyrim. Perhaps for the mod, instead of seeing spells based off of stamina, stamina and magicka could be combined into a single bar called energy. Anything that depletes magicka or stamina would now deplete energy instead. In addition, attempting to cast spells after the dovakiin's energy is at 0 would kill him. However, attempting to use stamina after energy hits 0 wouldn't kill him, because, as far as I know, it's not possible to sprint yourself to death. Alternatively, magicka and health could be combined. This option makes more sense, and implements Inheritance style casting true-er (is that a word) to Inheritance. I started writing this post think it was a terrible idea that I would never want to use, but now that I'm done, I definitely want this.

I think the very first badic thing we need to be able to to do anything dragon riding based when the CS comes out to actually see ifit is at all possible to ride Dragons as I seen the flyingis very tricjky to manually control.

I may be going on a tangent but I have a bad feeling ridable dragons could not be possible when flying except when they crawl around on the floor.

Fingers crossed I wrong!

If you did it from first person you wouldn't need to use the wing animation

Don't know if this has been bought up yet (dont feel like reading 14 pages just to find out) but as I love the Inheritance cycle and have read all 4 books at least 3 times each, I think that one of the most important parts of this mod would be choosing the colour of your dragon (in the books its random but I feel choosing a colour would be the best option for this mod) and also being able to choose a name for the dragon. Also maybe have a quest in which you must travel to an elf of some kind somewhere in skyrim and have a dragon riders sword made for you.

Just some ideas I feel would be important for the mod.