Dragon Riders of Skyrim - An Eragon/Inheritance Based Mod

tomhughes

598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

actually i was thinking about a new map. An entire recreation of Alagaesia like it is described in the books. No influences from anything that has to do with Skyrim or any other bethesda country. Just like shivering isles i think. Currently there is a mod called Thuu'mic. You can use your own microphone to say shouts. What i have done, is speak words of the ancient language in the voice program in place of the Fus Ro Dah etc.. So the third of firebreath for me is: Brisingr, and Fus Ro Dah is Jierda. I have pretty cool results so far and it should definately be implemented in the Alagaesia mod.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we will have to come up with some kind of portal, or something, some means of reaching this place. But instead of it being this "Oh look here is this new portal that I haven't noticed before" perhaps we can come up with a way of actually placing it on the map. We can then travel to this place by ship, maybe even in real-time and have Thalmor attacks on it while we go to this new land. I say Thalmor attacks because I doubt they want this alliance to come to pass.

yes it could be with a ship, but like i said, there should be no interference at all with the normal skyrim game, so no attacks by what you mentioned. It should be like traveling to a different world, the world of alagasia and the new enemies that are in alagaesia. Id like it to have the entire story in the books as main quest. Like i said, no skyrim in alagaesia.

actually i was thinking about a new map. An entire recreation of Alagaesia like it is described in the books. No influences from anything that has to do with Skyrim or any other bethesda country. Just like shivering isles i think. Currently there is a mod called Thuu'mic. You can use your own microphone to say shouts. What i have done, is speak words of the ancient language in the voice program in place of the Fus Ro Dah etc.. So the third of firebreath for me is: Brisingr, and Fus Ro Dah is Jierda. I have pretty cool results so far and it should definately be implemented in the Alagaesia mod.

This sounds like a good plan however a key part of spells in the ancient language would be the intent so unless you fancy your spells to be about a sentence long and to have to cover every possible permutation of words it would require a pretty advanced engine to determine exactly what you want to do with this spell.

Also as an example of FUS RO DAH if you wanted to use only FUS you would need 3 words and i think that the phrase:

gánga flauga ramr

Would make a fairly good FUS RO DAH as it means "Go Fly Strong"

Edited by Alex4921

This sounds like a good plan however a key part of spells in the ancient language would be the intent so unless you fancy your spells to be about a sentence long and to have to cover every possible permutation of words it would require a pretty advanced engine to determine exactly what you want to do with this spell.

Also as an example of FUS RO DAH if you wanted to use only FUS you would need 3 words and i think that the phrase:

gánga flauga ramr

No i had a different idea about it. To use words in the ancient language that are increasingly powerfull. For FUS RO DAH, i used for the first one (FUS) Stydja which means Stay/Remain. For the second (Fus Ro) Thrysta, which means thrust/compress and for the final word (FUS RO DAH) Jierda, which means Break/hit. For Firebreath i made the first word Istalrí which means flames, and the last word: Brisingr (obviously fire) I dont think we need to use all words.

Also i made the last word of KynesPeace Eka ai Fricai, which means i am a friend, to calm animals.

Edited by snakegpeo

gánga flauga ramr

No i had a different idea about it. To use words in the ancient language that are increasingly powerfull. For FUS RO DAH, i used for the first one (FUS) Stydja which means Stay/Remain. For the second (Fus Ro) Thrysta, which means thrust/compress and for the final word (FUS RO DAH) Jierda, which means Break/hit. For Firebreath i made the first word Istalrí which means flames, and the last word: Brisingr (obviously fire) I dont think we need to use all words.

Also i made the last word of KynesPeace Eka ai Fricai, which means i am a friend, to calm animals.

I hate to be so pedantic but you are blatantly not a friend and telling a lie in the ancient language is...tricky shall we say so I think that anything in the language should be adjusted so it can be interpreted in a few ways(Mainly revolving round the way of still being able to kill the enemy without breaking the oath)

Hey guys super busy right now but will post a full update tomorow! As this is going to be a Skyrim based lore mod can we keep Alagaesia and the Old Language out of it. I believe there is currently a mod page somewhere suggesting creation of this. Just feels like there is a bit too much chat right now concerning parts that we won't be able to include