Progressive companions would be dope

DrunkenGamer

The higher your level goes, their default weapon upgrades and their default outfit get replaced with different looking outfits, maybe they just have more armor on them or something.

You know how Diablo 3 followers change appearance as you progress in levels?

Same thing.

This would be dope. I'm just too lazy to constantly find new armor for my companions, and I like their original aesthetics when we find them. Piper's trenchcoat is too cool for her to give it up for some dingy armor. Nick can't even wear armor. MacCready's Duster looks dilapidated as hell.

But can Piper really make it through the Commonwealth with the Sole Survivor with a measly 10mm pistol? Shouldn't she upgrade to something much more hard hitting when you've leveled up significantly?

Just an idea. I know most people out there probably outfit their companions on their own.

But I think a default progression system would be cool too.

For myself, I do not worry about what they are wearing. Even my own charactor, I start with, or wait until I get get the armor/ clothing I want, and never seem to change it. There is a mod called Concealed armor, which I use as well.

As far a weapons go, as long as you give any companion ammo, and a gun, they will automatically switch to the weapon that has the highest DPS. I have found exceptions to this, as I have watched Piper use one gun inside, and a different one outside.

I have also seen them pick up better weapons, and use them. As long as they have ammo for it.

Also I am sure you don't stay with the 10mm for the whole game, so why ignore their weapons?

There are few mods that also give unlimited ammo for companions, so you don't have to give up yours, or spend your time wondering when they will run out of ammo.

Edited by bill8872