Console spawned items, how do you export them and make a mod?

SkjoldBjorn

Ok, so noticed Solitude is lacking a smelter, so i felt the urge to do something about it, i looked around and found a nice spot to put it i used player.placeatme and after a few tries i was satisfied with the positioning. I though maybe i could share this with others but unfortuantly im not familiar with making mods outside of the construction set. Is there anyway i can export this and share it with everyone else? I would really like to know, because i got a few other ideas and for some reason i find modding with the console to be a lot of fun, but i would like to share my ideas and creations with the community! The mods that got me in this direction was the mods which places forges and enchanting tables inside your house in winterun.

Now i did download tesnip to check that out, but that did not get me anywhere, neither did hexeditor. Is there anything im missing here?

Sorry if the answer was somewhere on the forums, but i could not find it.

You're not modding with the console, you're playing with it.

Mods are done to the game files. In this case, you would want to add an object to a cell (the one you were in) with the available tools, you don't "export" anything from the game but you take the X Y Z coordinates and angles, you open the cell and place stuff in there at the appropriate coordinates.

I imagine the CK has a visual representation of the game world and you don't need to manually get coordinates so you can place objects, instead just eyeballing it, but I can't be sure.

How to do this is none of my business as I don't much care about changing the map, and as such I cannot tell you how. I can, however, tell you that without fiddling with the tools or the CK when it comes out you're not modding anything, and the best you could do is share the savegame with someone who DOES know how to do this and ask them to modify the area you indicate.