Simpler Destruction Rebalance (With Specifics)

Tykk

All the current destruction rebalances are far too radical IMO, so I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to make a few small value modifications for me, since i won't have access to my home computer for a couple of months (and i suck and moding :P).

Core (The main things i really would like changed):

- Enchanted fortify destruction increases damage instead of reducing mana cost (this would put the damage just a little bellow 1-handers, due to the multiplicative nature of damage increase enchantments, not sure it can be done without the CK, but worth a shot).

- Destruction skill mana cost reduction per point to 0.005 from 0.0035.

- Destruction master spells damage doubled (so it outdamages double-cast expert spells).

Secondary (These aren't that big a deal, but if they are possible and anyone is willing to go the extra mile...)

- Followers don't get the 40% enemy damage reduction on master difficulty (incluiding horses and dogs). If this can't be done directly, perhaps forcing a permanent damage vulnerability debuff of 65% on all followers would work? This should bring the final damage to 99% depending on how armor and resistance reductions interact with with the difficulty/mod combination.

- Cap damage reduction from armor and from resistance enchantments to 50%.

If anyone is willing to get this done i'd be very thankful, hell, i'll send you cookies.

Hi Tykk! I created my mod before reading your post, so it takes a slightly different approach to balancing destruction magic but I completely agree with you that most of the mods that "fix" destruction are way too overpowered - which is why I made my own. ;)

I made destruction spells scale so that by the time you master destruction, you should have a pretty good arsenal of spells to play with. Spell costs increase as the spells get more powerful, although I have made adjustments that allow you to regen magicka a little faster in combat (75% of your normal rate) and lowers the casting cost more as your proficiency increases.

Please take a look, because I'd love to get more feedback. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2275