A Communal Letter to Bethesda Softworks LLC

hipolipolopigus

The reason this will fail is because, despite the legitimate complaints re: 1.2, people here are still complaining about the colour of their character's hair FFS.

Put yourself in Bethesda's shoes for a second - who would YOU listen to?

So the fact that we've taken a huge step back from Oblivion functionality doesn't matter at all? Because we have an opinion on something relatively minor, all of our other opions on important things (Which aren't important to BethSoft anyway... See 500+ buglist) are moot?

Please leave or come back with a nice opinion :happy:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason this will fail is because, despite the legitimate complaints re: 1.2, people here are still complaining about the colour of their character's hair FFS.

So the fact that we've taken a huge step back from Oblivion functionality doesn't matter at all? Because we have an opinion on something relatively minor, all of our other opions on important things (Which aren't important to BethSoft anyway... See 500+ buglist) are moot?

I'm sorry that you have misunderstood my last post. My point was: yes there are problems with the game, but the fixes need to be prioritized.

Hair colour is not a priority - it can be modded.

You may have a better chance of success if you create a list of issues, then selectively remove those that can be solved by modding. I prefer to see the gameplay issues fixed BEFORE cosmetics.

Just an opinion. You are free to ignore it.

:)

I'm sorry that you have misunderstood my last post. My point was: yes there are problems with the game, but the fixes need to be prioritized.

You may have a better chance of success if you create a list of issues, then selectively remove those that can be solved by modding. I prefer to see the gameplay issues fixed BEFORE cosmetics.

I'm sorry that I snapped a little :sweat:

I agree completely (Which is why hair color isn't in the letter :P), and there's already an exhaustive list of more than 500 bugs (Last count was in 1.1. May the nine have mercy upon Bethesda...). Everything can be solved by modding. Everything. It will take many, many man-hours to do it, but it can be done. But it shouldn't need to be. This is why companies hire QA staff and do beta testing where applicable. It seems to me that Bethesda were so keen to meet the 11-11-11 date that they overlooked so many things. Perhaps each minor issue is caused by a handful of lines of code, but when 500 accumulate... Well, look at 1.2!

I look forward to your future input :happy:

Edited by hipolipolopigus

Here is the problem with the modding excuse. Xbox and PS gamers can't. I know, I know, see... I am a hardcore PC gamer myself and I enjoy really good mods as much as the next guy. BUT we have to be real and recognize that the market this game was made for WAS NOT THE PC USERS. If it was we would have the CK modding tools by now and the UI wouldn't have come out consolized and buggy as hell.

Now that we are getting to the heart of the issue, Bethesda dropped the ball for the audience that the game was truly meant for, console gamers. Sure we PC gamers can mod the ever loving crap out of the game and if Beth dropped the support for the game today we as a community could fix it ourselves. But the console guys would be screwed. And face it, we are all gamers at heart and should unite as such when we are dealt garbage time and time again by incompetent or lazy producers/developers.

Here is the problem with the modding excuse. Xbox and PS gamers can't. I know, I know, see... I am a hardcore PC gamer myself and I enjoy really good mods as much as the next guy. BUT we have to be real and recognize that the market this game was made for WAS NOT THE PC USERS. If it was we would have the CK modding tools by now and the UI wouldn't have come out consolized and buggy as hell.

Now that we are getting to the heart of the issue, Bethesda dropped the ball for the audience that the game was truly meant for, console gamers. Sure we PC gamers can mod the ever loving crap out of the game and if Beth dropped the support for the game today we as a community could fix it ourselves. But the console guys would be screwed. And face it, we are all gamers at heart and should unite as such when we are dealt garbage time and time again by incompetent or lazy producers/developers.

This is another reason why BethSoft need to address these issues desperately, modders can only help the PC users. I'm not sure what the console equivalent of a CTD is, but I'm very curious to hear what goes on there. It may just boil down to BethSoft not handling exceptions very well and/or the console having some internalized exception catching.

@ hipolipolopigus

I am with you, believe me. It would be a shame to see the valid problems drowned in irrelevancy :)

@ XxTaLoNxX

Thanks. I understand where you are coming from. Yes, I am being selfish: it was well known beforehand that PC could be modded, and going by previous TES experiences this would open a whole new perspective on the game. I own a PS3 myself but made the conscious decision to go PC for this reason alone. I suspect that others have made the same informed choice.

I do sympathize with console owners who are stuck for now. Surely there will be another patch or two.

@ hipolipolopigus

I am with you, believe me. It would be a shame to see the valid problems drowned in irrelevancy :)

@ XxTaLoNxX

Thanks. I understand where you are coming from. Yes, I am being selfish: it was well known beforehand that PC could be modded, and going by previous TES experiences this would open a whole new perspective on the game. I own a PS3 myself but made the conscious decision to go PC for this reason alone. I suspect that others have made the same informed choice.

I do sympathize with console owners who are stuck for now. Surely there will be another patch or two.

Ah, goody :P And yeah, that's why I'm letting people vent but not including things like hair in the letter (Although I may express disappointement at the overall customization which is a sizeable step back from Oblivion)

All that we can do for now is hope that BethSoft don't shove dragon arses in our faces again...

These are the times when my popcorn reserves go low...good ol bethesda and their bugs, always like to read all of that stuff happening. :whistling:

Honestly i dont think anything will change in their behaviour with patches and response on them, but i wish you luck. :)

No, its not well mannered. Really dont send it.

Oh? Care to make a suggestion instead of just saying "Don't send it"?

These are the times when my popcorn reserves go low...good ol bethesda and their bugs, always like to read all of that stuff happening. :whistling:

Honestly i dont think anything will change in their behaviour with patches and response on them, but i wish you luck. :)

Thanks for the support :happy: All we can do is hope, for now :ermm: