Overflowing Loot bags from previous TES

CamonnaTong

I'm just wondering if they are back in Skyrim? In Oblivion they only happened in exterior, in Morrowind it happened in the interiors. I didn't like them at all, it was for memory overload if I remember right. But does anyone know if they are back? And feel free to comment on your experiences.

To be honest Im not certain what you are talking about. Do containers have too much loot? Is there too much loot in general? What does memory have to do with loot? Can you be more clear?

It's basically when you leave too much stuff laying on the ground. And the game will create a sack to put it in so the Memory on the game won't overload. It happened when it made the game unstable, but some glitches could be found just laying one thing down would cause it.

In Morrowind if you put too many items in close proximity in the game world, (such as in your house), when you came back you would find them all in a "overflow loot bag". Which would then become a permanent part of the environment unless you fixed it in the console.

It was a fix because the system had a hard time rendering tons of items in a cell. It takes a lot less memory to simply list an item in a bag. I never experienced it in Oblivion, and I don't think it is in Skyrim, either.

Skyrim has a new issue, though. Exploding piles. If you put too many items in close proximity, when you come back they will be strewn all over the room. I tried to make a pile of gems.... No dice. Some of the gems are unrecoverable because they fell behind furniture.

To be honest Im not certain what you are talking about. Do containers have too much loot? Is there too much loot in general? What does memory have to do with loot? Can you be more clear?

It's basically when you leave too much stuff laying on the ground. And the game will create a sack to put it in so the Memory on the game won't overload. It happened when it made the game unstable, but some glitches could be found just laying one thing down would cause it.

I never noticed actual sacks in either oblivion or morrowind, but I did notice that if you droped like 20 "leather boots" they were dropped into a single boot on the ground. But yes, if you drop a whole bunch of a single item it will be stacked into a single physical item. I don't know anything about "sacks" though.

In Morrowind if you put too many items in close proximity in the game world, (such as in your house), when you came back you would find them all in a "overflow loot bag". Which would then become a permanent part of the environment unless you fixed it in the console.

It was a fix because the system had a hard time rendering tons of items in a cell. It takes a lot less memory to simply list an item in a bag. I never experienced it in Oblivion, and I don't think it is in Skyrim, either.

Skyrim has a new issue, though. Exploding piles. If you put too many items in close proximity, when you come back they will be strewn all over the room. I tried to make a pile of gems.... No dice. Some of the gems are unrecoverable because they fell behind furniture.

Odd in the Thieves Guild storing room on Skyrim I have the chests all filled up and the place decorated, it didn't happen. Of course it might be my system, On the Skyrim config I can get everything to max and it will drop down only to 35 FPS, so that might be why.

I think the exploding piles have to do with unresolved clipping. You can put items on tables, but if they touch there is a chance they will randomly fly about. My piles of dragon bones and scales ALWAYS do this. Looks like someone ransacks my house in Whiterun every time I come back.

I am also the kind of Dunmer that hates putting things in chests.