[W.I.P] Khajiit skooma den + brothel

Psientist

I must agree. This would look a little too .. off... from Skyrim. It's like walking in the Tundra up in the North, and suddently seing a desert house. Or walking down a volcano and seing a wood house. It doesn't really fit in.

Though I like what've you made. Maybe break up the floor texture slightly, and bump up the normals. Some of the floor would be chipped away after certain time.

Ah the floor texture is just a filler, ignore it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an exotic camp could still exist in the frozen wastes of Skyrim, in order to fit into the surrounding setting, i think you seriously need to change your colour scheme to that of snow covered etc. The exotic feeling can DEFINITELY be gained through proper use of ambient lighting and correct colour implementation/camp structure. It should be like a homing beacon that would otherwise blend into the snowfall except for the inviting campfires and smoke pillars.

I think an exotic camp could still exist in the frozen wastes of Skyrim, in order to fit into the surrounding setting, i think you seriously need to change your colour scheme to that of snow covered etc. The exotic feeling can DEFINITELY be gained through proper use of ambient lighting and correct colour implementation/camp structure. It should be like a homing beacon that would otherwise blend into the snowfall except for the inviting campfires and smoke pillars.

Actually I was thinking of putting it somewhere among the hot-springs, so you can chillax in the warm water before going on a murderous skooma-madness rampage.

I think the indoors lightning should be fine, I have a few ideas. Need to get some textures to work with before making a scale model of my sketches though.

Also the people that dislike this idea will probably hate my idea for a dwemer-scooter riding old nord blacksmith/inventor too :(

hmmm.... not sure it seems as exotic as a snowbound oasis in the frozen north but i dont quite know what your imagination envisages =p

if you want any input or opinions just ask or pm me :thumbsup:

Well I figured the old Khajiit merchant would enjoy a nice hot bath once in a while to warm his old bones, plus it's close to two of the most important regions politics and trade-wise.

I mean sure between Markarth and Solitude would probably be more profitable on the location alone what with the silver/gold mines and Solitude's port, but what with the location and the forsaken I figure The Rift would be nearly as good plus nicer climate.

And sure thing, I might take you up on that once I've finished some more stuff.

Id also be interested to learn how I could go about modelling/texturing :3

Me too! Although I'm working on it :)

Well for starters 3D Studio Max is free for students, so if you happen to be studying something you can go to Autodesk.com and grab a license.

As for texturing you can either hand-paint if you are good at that, try your hand at photography, or use other people's textures and then it's just a matter of slapping it onto a 3D model.

You can grab photoshop or GIMP for texturizing. Just look at textures by other people and see how they do it and try to mimic it and you'll eventually unlock their secret techniques!

Pretty pro advice huh? ;)