[W.I.P] Khajiit skooma den + brothel

Psientist

NPC's and stuff is for waaaaay later, need to focus on the rough stuff first :)

Here's a wall of shiny gingerbread for you! a.k.a back to the drawing board for me!

Edit: I quickly removed some pre-rendered shadows (bottom texture) so hopefully I'm at least on the right track. It's not good, but I think I can work with it at least.

http://i.imgur.com/tsi9e.jpg

Edited by Psientist

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to break it up a little more. Now it is painfully obvious that it is tiled . By that I mean some variation. The eye picks up detail like that fast. People might not understand what is up with the wall, but they will notice something.

I am poiting at the painfully obvious vertical lines. Break them up a little bit here and there, and it would loke tenfold better.

Just a tip :)

Try to break it up a little more. Now it is painfully obvious that it is tiled . By that I mean some variation. The eye picks up detail like that fast. People might not understand what is up with the wall, but they will notice something.

I am poiting at the painfully obvious vertical lines. Break them up a little bit here and there, and it would loke tenfold better.

Just a tip :)

The vertical lines are supposed to go in the angles of the octagon, because it's hard to bend a brick :) I just need to adjust the size and alignment correctly

It's the part between each curve that strikes me. It just looks.. disturbing for my eyes.

It could jut me be me though. I am a fan of the small details, the kind of details the mind pick up, but you can't tell is there without training.

It's the part between each curve that strikes me. It just looks.. disturbing for my eyes.

It could jut me be me though. I am a fan of the small details, the kind of details the mind pick up, but you can't tell is there without training.

Were those some hidden insults? :P If you think I think this s*** looks good then you are mistaken, but I am a complete newbie to graphics so I'm not really able to whip up anything good just like that. Takes me hours just to make something barely presentable.

But if you want to give me some pointers please do! Are you thinking something like elevating bricks randomly to break the cross pattern?

Oh no, no insult. Just me pointing out what I think, but I think I focus too much on odd stuf myself ;)

It doesn't look bad at all. There are just a few things that strikes my eye, and I see the reason for it. If you like it, then that is all that matters!

Are you thinking something like elevating bricks randomly to break the cross pattern?

Partly. Some variation is good, but there should be a system. Here is the line I talk about:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9092/vwsgx.jpg

Black lines is the vertical line. I feel there as too many, too obvious, too often.

White line: It is too obvious it is tiled. Try to break it off here and there. Move one an inch to the lift, an inch up, etc.

I mean no offense in any form, just giving tips :) Hope that is ok?

Cheers,

Matth