Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 Quad-Core

madmanserb

i was wondering if somebody with Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 Quad-Core is playing Oblivion or Oblivion GOTY and how they run

I have problems running my Oblivion GOTY smoothly with my current system plus i used many performance mods and lowest details and resolution :wallbash:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz

3 GB RAM- Kingston

Nvidia GTX 768 MB

17' Acer Monitor

2 x 320 GB Hard drives SATA

Your setup should handle Oblivion just fine...

I know this will sound silly. But some benchmarks show worse frame rates on lower settings with the 8800 GTX. (I think that's what you mean by Nvidia GTX 768 MB) Which kinda makes sense. Its an ultimate gaming card. So just as a test. Try running it at medium settings and resolution. And High settings and resolution.

Also, this post has a very common reason for most lag and stuttering. And it has a fix too.

As for upgrading processors. Don't. You won't find much gain by an extra 0.6 Ghz. Honestly its alot cheaper to just overclock your current CPU to 3.0 Ghz. Which is the speed of the QX6850 (Wow I didn't even have to look that up! I am such a geek! ;D ) especially since the QX6850 is over $1000 USD.

• 2 weeks later...
Oblivion doesn't have really high requirements like Crysis do. You can already run that game at full speed with a Athlon 64x2 4000+ 2.2Ghz and 8600GT. The specs aren't great but is able to play Oblivion at high.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently using:

8800gtx

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.7ghz (yeah overclocked by .3, must be a dud, I cant get it any higher >.<)

2gb of Corsair Dominatrr pc2-8500

and I run Oblivion at 1680x1050, every setting to the max and 8x antialiasing + a mod that makes the textures bigger, and I get a constant 60+ FPS. I've seen it go down to 40 but rarely.

I honestly have no idea what could be the problem with your rig, but it should be running it just fine, on the highest possible settings.

I'm currently using: about the same to lord there....

4gb of mem and 8800 GT 1GB.....

I have horrible time with brightness either it is to bright or to dark.. everything is to makes but have not tryed the Antialiasion... The landscpades are rocking, armor weapons...ect Faces with any shadow or light they look rough not the smooth you would think with 8800...

Archived