is it possible

dsc138

I am sure in theory you would simply download the .nif from the Morrowind mod, open it up in nifskope, copy the block (or branch? haven't used nifskope in a while) and paste it over a piece of oblivion furniture in an appropriate sized collision box (of course, you would have to re-assign the texture path to the correct folder, make sure the UV map is correct and some other things). A mesh is just a bunch of vertices so its not like the mesh can't be put into what ever you want. You now have an Oblivion ready furniture mesh.Than open up the CS and place it in your armory. Make sure you do NOT upload any content from morrowind or other mod authors. This is just for your personal use. If you wish to upload this, make sure you get the original authors permission, and it can't contain any Morrowind content as Morrowind is not the sole property of Bethesda (it may have been Ubisoft which owned some of the content as a co-publisher). Good luck and have fun :happy:. Just remember this is for your own personal use :sweat: .

ah right you are its fair game for personal use but forget about uploading this to the site

Morrowind is not the sole property of Bethesda (it may have been Ubisoft which owned some of the content as a co-publisher). Good luck and have fun :happy:. Just remember this is for your own personal use :sweat: .

i thought ubisoft only co published the goty version and the xbox version in europe

Edited by bluekatt

I am sure in theory you would simply download the .nif from the Morrowind mod, open it up in nifskope, copy the block (or branch? haven't used nifskope in a while) and paste it over a piece of oblivion furniture in an appropriate sized collision box (of course, you would have to re-assign the texture path to the correct folder, make sure the UV map is correct and some other things). A mesh is just a bunch of vertices so its not like the mesh can't be put into what ever you want. You now have an Oblivion ready furniture mesh.Than open up the CS and place it in your armory. Make sure you do NOT upload any content from morrowind or other mod authors. This is just for your personal use. If you wish to upload this, make sure you get the original authors permission, and it can't contain any Morrowind content as Morrowind is not the sole property of Bethesda (it may have been Ubisoft which owned some of the content as a co-publisher). Good luck and have fun :happy:. Just remember this is for your own personal use :sweat: .

of coarse its not gonna be easy guess ill just try to find some public oblivion map messes and tweak them alittle bit i think thatll be easier

In this particular case, that is a modders resource made by the author so there won't be any copyright issues. Of course, it'd still be courteous to inform the author of the usage. I have seen meshes made for Morrowind converted to Oblivion so it's definitely doable.

thanks for the help guys... searched with about 50 different key phrases and found the same person did a couple for oblivion as well... cant wait till i get this mod done.. then play forever wait for responses for the people who requested permission then beta play yay