Vampirism, Not Cannibalism...

TheSuey

~The Vampires of Skyrim~  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• I disagree - Vampires in Skyrim are perfect as they are.
    • Vampires in Skyrim are fine.
    • I agree - Vampires in Skyrim are depraved creatures.
    • I strongly agree - A mod should be made to revamp them.

romantic vampire vs realistic vampire...romantic vampire just leaves 2 puncture wounds, doesn't get every drop of blood (not even close)...but that's ok, it's cleaner and more acceptable :wacko: (how i don't know, but that seems to be the case) vs~> realistic vampire, who needs blood to live would tear apart the corpse to get every last drop, especially considering their food source is intelligent, and will hunt them down. in other words, make every drop count, reducing number of times a victim must be acquired, less chance of them seriously ticking off a community and be driven out or killed.

the only thing i don't agree with is blood everywhere...food wouldn't be wasted like that. they do need buffed up, vampires should be one of the most dangerous creatures in the game next to dragons (who need buffed up too) as weak as they are now, vampires would have been wiped out easily long ago.

Edited by DeadSpace

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play as a vampire and it´s not that bad I use console command to add 100 more of health and stamina since vampires are suppose t be stronger than normal humans and stuf XD Werewolf is much more fun but I can´t be both :( I would love to see a mod that adds superhuman strenght like the werewolf move that tosses enemies through the air xD, vampire "roar" with frightening effect, super speed similar to that super speed shout and detect life ability.The sun damage would be nice if we didn´t take damage when in shadows but not being able to regenerate when exposed to sunlight is also nice in my opinion.

I just want to be able to go longer without having to feed... Also cloaks should shield you from the sun enough that you don't melt.

:armscrossed:

Having blood potions would help. There are enough empty wine bottles laying around. It would have helped if you could collect them and fill um up when you feed. You could then take one of those for the next days.

Also, wearing a mask or anything that obscures the face should enable the stage 4 vampire to go unnoticed imo.

In response to the OP, in general vampires are evil beings though. Remember that the person has actually died. The soulless dead body then becomes the vampire. The notion (or rather the question if) that some might have human qualities left is where the modern vampire tales begin. Is there some salvation for this soulless being? Can it regain some of it's humanity? And now we can even have sympathy or feel pity for those who became vampires and struggle for some kind of redemption. Who are aware of what they are and reject it (because they have retained their morals). Thats the story of the vampire in my opinion. So to find most in Skyrim living like animals, with no humanity left other than it's form, preying on everything with a pulse, is how it should be. Though the player would be one of those rare vampires that is still part human, even remembers its previous life. Must be the dragonblood.

The hollywoodesque vampire from recent movies and TV series that made vampires "cool" is garbage imo. Has nothing more to do with the original myth. It's been reduced to a prop to tell romantic stories mainly for girls and hot babes in tight suits for the boys.

Well personally I see this version of vampires as another reason to get Skyrium. They are much more like the their real world versions(People who believe they are vampires not real vampires). Animalistic, vile, almost subhuman cretins hiding in the darkness. Large chance Ill offend a lot of people with that post but I have encountered a real life vampiric cult. Strong impressions were left. That really is what they are you cant spin it any other way.

Bethesda has always done a crappy job with vampires. Primarily in the way the disease/curse functions, it's completely backwards. The more they feed, the more powerful they should become, not the other way around. The same goes with the aesthetics. They should be more human looking the more well fed they are, not more ghastly. Their idea of vampires is totally unappealing on all levels.

Bethesda has always done a crappy job with vampires. Primarily in the way the disease/curse functions, it's completely backwards. The more they feed, the more powerful they should become, not the other way around. The same goes with the aesthetics. They should be more human looking the more well fed they are, not more ghastly. Their idea of vampires is totally unappealing on all levels.

I agree with you but it´s not that backwards, in real life if a person is starving their brain can go into a primal state giving better senses and strenght so they can look for food for the last time, kind like last hope mode in the human body XD I saw that in a documentary and I found it fascinating, so vampires in skyrim could go towards that direction if not well fed.

On the original topic, I'm happy with Skyrim vampires, lore-wise. The depiction of vampires as nobles is a modern one.

When it comes to gameplay, I find it difficult to justify vampirism. The benefits during the night don't equal the expenses during the day.

Combine that with the fact you have to re-bind your abilities at every stage, and that the abilities cost magicka. A rogue buff, but mage abilities? Little use to either, in my opinion.

Didnt say this in my last post but Vampires do need to be changed up. Dont feed you grow weaker not the other way around. You should also be able to wear special clothing to protect you from the sun and there should be a small chance of detection that your a vampire that increases the longer you go without feeding but its always there no matter what. Food should stop having an effect too...

Also don't forget that in Skyrim lore (and possibly the rest of Tamriel) vampirism is a disease not a mythical state of unliving. The vampires of Twilight, True Blood, Ann Rice's tales, World of Darkness etc etc can't take a cure disease potion and have it go away. So perhaps think of it as a magical form of rabies.