High-res texture for Windhelm

d3licious0pium

Could someone maybe create a high-resolution texture to replace his one in Windhelm? It's so horrible I can't unsee it. Easily one of the worst textures I've seen in this game.

I don't know how someone hasn't done this one yet, considering how ugly it is. Thanks to anyone who attempts this, I really appreciate all the work all the texture-creators do to make this game look so wonderful and immersive.

http://i.imgur.com/ewu0U.jpg

Sorry, not sure how to use spoilers on here. I'll edit if someone drops in to tell me spoiler tags.

Edited by d3licious0pium

Not certain but didn't somone do a High-res texture pack for Windhelm? I know Chris2012 did Whiterun, but I thought there was a Windhelm one too.

I don't think so. At least a search for Windhelm came up with nothing. Maybe you're thinking of the Solitude one? That one isn't very good anyway, it's just an over-sharpened set of textures. I love Chris's Whiterun, though.

Not certain but didn't somone do a High-res texture pack for Windhelm? I know Chris2012 did Whiterun, but I thought there was a Windhelm one too.

I don't think so. At least a search for Windhelm came up with nothing. Maybe you're thinking of the Solitude one? That one isn't very good anyway, it's just an over-sharpened set of textures. I love Chris's Whiterun, though.

Ok sorry I thought it got done, maybe I was thinking of Solitude. Yes I love Chris's Whiterun too. :)

You could take "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by NebuLa" and then delete all directories except Windhelm.

Yeah, I have that one, but unfortunately it doesn't fix that particular texture.

Oh well, guess none of the texture artists read this forum.

You could take "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by NebuLa" and then delete all directories except Windhelm.

Yeah, I have that one, but unfortunately it doesn't fix that particular texture.

Oh well, guess none of the texture artists read this forum.

I don't think its strictly fair to say that no texture artists read this forum. As a texture artist myself I can tell you that most of us are busy with large scale projects that do far more than fix one iffy texture. I would ask you to be patient in time vanilla textures will be a thing of the past you just to give us all chance to get stuff done.

If my skills extended to doing terrain I'd fix it for you right now but they don't. For the moment I suggest you just don't look at it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...