Fix for Ancient Nord Armour first person arms

TheOutlander

Something I could easily have done back in Fo3 or FNV with Blender (because there were nif scripts for importing and exporting), but something I have no idea how to fix is the buggy first person arms on the Ancient Nord Armour.

Ingame if you wield a sword / dual swords / dual spells in first person only you'll notice that the arm bands haven't been weighted properly. Thus you end up with a hole in your arms, and the arm bands crunched up like tinfoil and floating between your arms.

Anyone currently skilled with whatever round-about method is currently being used to deal with Skyrim's unique brand of meshes capable or willing to make a fix?

so finally i used my brain and came up with a temporary unclean fix. the mesh with a wrong weight paint is either 1stpersondraugrarmormale_0.nif or 1stpersondraugrarmormale_1.nif. so i extracted some first person mesh (in my case from iron armor, originally named 1stpersoncuirassheavy_1 and 0) renamed them with the names above and put them in mesh/armor/draugr. so the armor will use another first person model now (which doens't really matter cause there was mostly arm model anyway) but the iron clipping thing is gone now and hands show as usual.

• 2 months later...