TheSuey

An Actual Yield  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

2. 2. If Yes, What should come of it?

• Reward - Septims, Items, Locations etc
    • Enemy --> Neutral
    • Enemy --> Friendly
    • Enemy --> Available Companion (Special Cases)

:armscrossed: On a recent run through with my stealth Khajiit in the Pinewood bandit hideout, I came across the sleeping bandit leader. Of course, considering I was way out of my depth at level 3, my failing footfalls soon woke her. After a tough and gritty fight, shell fell to her knees and yelled out; "I Yield, no more!".... If only... :confused: The silly woman got back up and tried to kill me again. I found myself wishing that when this occurs, you have the option to either finish them, or spare them; perhaps leading to some bonus to a skill, gold reward or location of a cache etc. as well as turning them from enemy to neutral. The fact that I HAVE to kill everyone kind of bugged me at this point, leaving me with no option but to hack and slash my way across Skyrim.

Also, as ninga_express pointed out, this would open up a new quest type of capture/retrieve that could be added into the radiant quest system! :biggrin:

TL;DR: When an npc yields, there should be an option to finish or spare them.

Edited by TheSuey

The only enemies who have successfully yielded are those random "Orc," "Argonian," "Nord," etc, so I know the system is there (you sheath your weapon to accept a yield). If only it worked on bandits and others.

If a bandit yields you should get a dialog option ordering them to follow you, you're bringing them in. The bandit's weapons will then be added to the inventory and they will assume the bound/follow animation of those random captive stormcloak soldiers. That would be sweet.

Edited by Spl1nt3rC3ll

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I've knocked the *Fus!* out of a dozen enemies and had them announce that they yielded, only to have them back on their feet and swinging at me even after I put my weapon away.

I'd also like an option to tell your companion to halt combat (or more to the point, if an enemy yields and you sheathe your weapon, they do too). Lydia tore a rogue mage who stole some books from Winterhold in two because he accidentally zapped her through the cell bars while we were fighting a necromancer. He was supposed to be entirely friendly (and I believe could even become a companion, if you accepted him).

Maybe she was afraid I was going to send her back to Whiterun and go galumphing about with the mage instead.

Edited by mindinavoid

This is a great idea.

If Yes, What should come of it?

Instead of Enemy - > Friendly and so fourth, there could be a couple of added quests for certain NPCs that yield, and at the end of those quests you're either at a friendly reputation with them, or they are now an available companion. Could be interesting :thumbsup:

It's probably going to be near impossible to create new quests though.