Race Creation Mod/New Starting location Mod

Emmarae

Ideas on new race mods. I'm really big into maintaining ES lore, so nothing stupid like Moogles will show up in my mods.

Dremora

- +10 Heavy Armor +5 Two handed, Destruction, Conjuration, Enchanting, Alchemy

- 50% weakness to Shock. 50% resistance to Fire.

- Sigil Keeper: Able to add leveling fire damage to melee attacks for 120 seconds/day. (When the kit becomes available we'll get into details about this.)

Falmer/Snow Elves

- +10 Alchemy (Who doesn't get poisoned by these blind retards?) +5 Smithing (Make their own armor and weapons), One Handed, Block, Heavy Armor, Archery

- 50% weakness to Fire. 50% resistant to Frost.

- Enhanced Smell Power: Like Khajiit night vision, this would be a turn on/off detect life, but with a short radius. This is because in the Falmer Study book, it says that they are blind, but their other senses are a lot stronger because of it.

Dwemer/Dwarves

- +10 Smithing (Obvious Reasons) +5 Heavy Armor, Lockpicking (if they can make expert and master locks, they can break them right?), Illusion (they all disappeared, lol), Speech, Enchanting

- The Calling: According to Chimarvamidium, the Dwemer had an ability called "The Calling" that allowed them to commune with one another and their devices telepathically. I'd say this is enough lore to give them the ability to summon a Dwarven Construct for 120 seconds/day. It would have to be leveled. 0-10 calls a Dwarven spider, 10-20 a Dwarven Sphere, 20-30 a Sphere Guardian, 30-40 a Sphere Master (cited: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Centurion_Sphere_(Skyrim) ), and 40+ a Centurion.

- 1/2 Magicka regen (Dwemer don't use magic, as they are technologically based.) +50% Stamina regen

Now, I did post this idea to a current modder, but I wanted to see some feedback. Any ideas/modifications to this list would be appreciated. I won't be attempting anything for this until the Creation Kit is released.

Thank you,

Emmarae

PS, I do have an idea for a better starting location:

After you create your character, you go up to the headsman's block and when Alduin uses FUSRODAH and you stumble and Ralof telling you to get up, instead you black out. You then wake up in a shack in Riverwood, be prompted "Imperial" or "Stormcloak". Depending on what you choose, a note on the table will say that Alvor's nephew Hadvar or Gerdur's Cousin Ralof said to nurse you back to health after the dragon attack on Helgen. Gerdur (Stormcloak Mill owner) or Alvor (Imperial Blacksmith) will then walk in asking you to go to the Jarl in Whiterun. At this time the Quest to Join the Imperials/Stormcloaks and the Jarl in Whiterun will become available, and you essentially just skipped all the retarded stuff that everyone who makes a lot of characters just grinds through.

Well, We'll see how the races come out but OMG DO I WANT ANOTHER STARTING LOCATION @_@ :psyduck:

Lol yeah, I felt the same way. I'm going to try my best when the CK comes out. I really do want a better starting location. replaying that same s*** over and over and over and over and over and... just makes me not want to make another toon :P

Now luckily for us, the same voiceactors are used all across this game. So the words "Falmer" and "Dwarf" and "Daedra" are used by the same voice as the captain and Hadvar. I can make a new race work. "I'm sorry, Daedra, we will have your remains set back to Oblivion." :D "Next, the Dwarf in the rags!", etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, maybe it's a bit too late, but here's a simple pre-CK solution for your starting location idea:

1. edit your skyrim.ini, and add the following line to the [General] section:

SStartingCell=Riverwood

2. Start Skyrim, it should automatically skip the main menu and begin a new game in Riverwood

3. Save and quit, remove the line from Skyrim.ini

4. Load game, type "showracemenu" in the console and create your character

5. Type "setstage 4e50d 10" in the console, this will start the "talk to Gerdur" part of the quest. I don't know the code for the Alvor part.

Hi, maybe it's a bit too late, but here's a simple pre-CK solution for your starting location idea:

1. edit your skyrim.ini, and add the following line to the [General] section:

SStartingCell=Riverwood

2. Start Skyrim, it should automatically skip the main menu and begin a new game in Riverwood

3. Save and quit, remove the line from Skyrim.ini

4. Load game, type "showracemenu" in the console and create your character

5. Type "setstage 4e50d 10" in the console, this will start the "talk to Gerdur" part of the quest. I don't know the code for the Alvor part.

I'm saving this, but I have another idea. I already ripped all the Juib files from Morrowind. I was thinking about making a new starting area in a boat with a creepy Dark Elf named Juib II who talks to you with a raspy voice and short sentences. Even got most of the guard and other voices needed to pull this off. I'll let you know. I'm going to try to remake the Morrowind starter area in Solitude or Dawnstar.

Ideas on new race mods. I'm really big into maintaining ES lore, so nothing stupid like Moogles will show up in my mods.

Dremora

- +10 Heavy Armor +5 Two handed, Destruction, Conjuration, Enchanting, Alchemy

- 50% weakness to Shock. 50% resistance to Fire.

- Sigil Keeper: Able to add leveling fire damage to melee attacks for 120 seconds/day. (When the kit becomes available we'll get into details about this.)

Falmer/Snow Elves

- +10 Alchemy (Who doesn't get poisoned by these blind retards?) +5 Smithing (Make their own armor and weapons), One Handed, Block, Heavy Armor, Archery

- 50% weakness to Fire. 50% resistant to Frost.

- Enhanced Smell Power: Like Khajiit night vision, this would be a turn on/off detect life, but with a short radius. This is because in the Falmer Study book, it says that they are blind, but their other senses are a lot stronger because of it.

Dwemer/Dwarves

- +10 Smithing (Obvious Reasons) +5 Heavy Armor, Lockpicking (if they can make expert and master locks, they can break them right?), Illusion (they all disappeared, lol), Speech, Enchanting

- The Calling: According to Chimarvamidium, the Dwemer had an ability called "The Calling" that allowed them to commune with one another and their devices telepathically. I'd say this is enough lore to give them the ability to summon a Dwarven Construct for 120 seconds/day. It would have to be leveled. 0-10 calls a Dwarven spider, 10-20 a Dwarven Sphere, 20-30 a Sphere Guardian, 30-40 a Sphere Master (cited: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Centurion_Sphere_(Skyrim) ), and 40+ a Centurion.

- 1/2 Magicka regen (Dwemer don't use magic, as they are technologically based.) +50% Stamina regen

Now, I did post this idea to a current modder, but I wanted to see some feedback. Any ideas/modifications to this list would be appreciated. I won't be attempting anything for this until the Creation Kit is released.

Thank you,

Emmarae

PS, I do have an idea for a better starting location:

After you create your character, you go up to the headsman's block and when Alduin uses FUSRODAH and you stumble and Ralof telling you to get up, instead you black out. You then wake up in a shack in Riverwood, be prompted "Imperial" or "Stormcloak". Depending on what you choose, a note on the table will say that Alvor's nephew Hadvar or Gerdur's Cousin Ralof said to nurse you back to health after the dragon attack on Helgen. Gerdur (Stormcloak Mill owner) or Alvor (Imperial Blacksmith) will then walk in asking you to go to the Jarl in Whiterun. At this time the Quest to Join the Imperials/Stormcloaks and the Jarl in Whiterun will become available, and you essentially just skipped all the retarded stuff that everyone who makes a lot of characters just grinds through.

I completely agree with the Dremora race. I don't think they should have a weakness to anything since I don't believe any playable race does either.

Critiquing your idea a bit:

Dremora

- Destruction spells do 25% more damage. Resist Magic 50%.

- +10 Conjuration

- +5 Sneaking, Destruction, Alchemy, Two-Handed, Enchanting

- Soul Drinker: 5% chance to absorb soul upon killing an enemy.

- Power: Shadow Walker: Become invisible for 60 seconds while able to interact with your environment, and attack without breaking invisibility.

Falmer/Snow Elves

- +10 Alchemy

- +5 Smithing, One Handed, Block, Sneaking, Archery

- 50% resistant to Frost.

- Blind Sight: 30ft radius of Detect life. This would be the only race that would really incur a penalty, since I'd say, the brightness should be adjusted for them such that everything is darker, however, it would be as though you are always under the Night Eye effect. Basically no color all the time.

Dwemer/Dwarves

- +10 Smithing

- +5 Heavy Armor, Lockpicking, Alchemy, Enchanting

- +5 to all schools of Magic (Play through the game...and it'll be self-explanatory lol.)

- Power: The Calling: For 60 seconds, summon a Dwemer construct of a certain caliber to fight for you and to do your bidding. (It would have to be leveled. 0-10 calls a Dwarven spider, 10-20 a Dwarven Sphere, 20-30 a Sphere Guardian, 30-40 a Sphere Master (cited: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Centurion_Sphere_(Skyrim)), and 40+ a Centurion.)

- 1/2 Stamina cost.

- Special Ability: Prompted to reconstruct a Dwemer construct upon destroying it, allowing you to use it as a companion until it is destroyed.

I thought maybe it was a little more balanced. But that's just imo.

Just some criticism/input of the idea.

I like the idea though.

Edited by Allephus

If you guys want new races, examples can be taken from the unknown continent or Akavir (east of Tamriel):

- kamal --> Ice demons or something like that. It can be something like a yeti perhaps? Focus on destruction, conjuration...+ frost resist %... (you guys maybe can expand this better, im not a guy of this kind).

-Tsaesci ---> half human / serpent. Lower part with serpent tail and human upper body. I see those guys with skills of stealth, resist poison etc..

-Tang Mo ---> The monkeys. It could be something or like a gorilla or a monkey like the film " Planet of the Apes". Strong race focus in melee battle, maybe with plus on health and a bit of stamina.

-Ka Po' Tun --> Half Tigers. Like khajiits but more like is cousins. With tiger stripes and all of that. A race focus on hand to hand for example.

About a new starting zone... it could be around the coasts of Solitude (Every of those races came from the same place so they can start in the same place)

If you want to know more of those races here:

link: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akavir

link: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akavir

See you around.

Edited by blackyuber