Hot Files Pic Distortion

NexBeth

Hello, I have a new mod that hit the filtered Hot Files yesturday and I hope it will soon hit the full blown hot files.

The problem I am experiencing is that the small pic which links to my mod page is a rather pathetic picture of skyrim pine trees. The orginal picuture was chopped off by 3/4. See the red circled pic here:

http://i.imgur.com/3LVYEPM.jpg

I did speak to a mod last night about the problem who seemed to believe everything was ok because the larger hot files picture which scrolls at the very top worked well. Yes, that does work fine, but obviously this link picture is pretty bad. I removed this picture from my page altogether in hopes of getting rid of the problem but its still showing. It seems like these pics are usually the first pics in image section of the mod page which this pic never was....and I never posted a pic showing only vanilla pine trees.

Can someone assist with this and guide me if I am doing something incorrect? The hotfiles pic is set and I have no problem with that large pic that scrolls with the rest of the pics.

Thanks.

Have you tried cropping the thumbnail already, the 5th icon on the outmost right of the icons under each image?

I see the option exists for all pictures, and I can't really tell which one'll be the primary one used in listings, but chances are it's the 1st one, so cropping that one might do the trick, and chances also are the changes will not take place immediately, for images are cached and thumbnails are doubly so, pre-created only on demand and not just whenever.

Like I said, I don't know any insights or details, so it's best to wait on someone who does and take my ideas with the necessary grain of salt. But it could be of help already trying this option out in the mean time.

Looking at your file page and images it seems odd it isn't just using the thumbnail there already is, but maybe it's some technical hiccup or whatever, or it's mandatory now to crop the thumbnail first for this, I don't know. But it's worth a try seeing if cropping the thumbnail of the picture that's used for your mod's thumbnail doesn't help in any way.

The funny thing is that I actually removed the picture with the pine trees yesterday to see it that would resolve the issue, which it didn't. Let me see if I can crop the first pic which is the one I want shown. It does show up fine when I do a file search though. Kind of a bum for presentation of my first mod that made hot files.

Thanks for response.

Edited by NexBeth