random dragon encounter

pollock

has anyone fought two dragons at the same time? without resorting to using the console?

because in Dawnstar my charachter had to deal with two ancient Dragons...at the same time.

On one of the wikis it says that multiple dragons will start attacking you if you are lvl 50 or higher. +50% fire and frost resist on boots can be helpful if you have trouble with them.

yep that is me alright, level 58 and still climbing.And I travel by carts to major cities..and head out on foot to the smaller settlements and dungeons.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

Wow, I can't believe you guys are having so few. Every time I go to The Sleeping Giant Inn or The College of Winterhold I run into a dragon and there is a caldera landscape north of Riften that has a lot of dragon spawns. I think I have killed close to 50 Dragons.

Post 1.2 patch I get no dragon encounters on my stealth character which is a real shame as they were some of the only challenge she got apart from falmer (only once managed to sneak attack a dragon to death). I fast travel with her, and I ride from one side of the map to other sometimes too when I feel like it and nothing. So lonely now :(. I should really check on my warrior as he used to get encounters everytime he strolled through Rorikstead. Started to avoid the place, it got so ridiculous. Edited by deathjam

only once managed to sneak attack a dragon to death

funny, I have sneaked up on several. When I attack a particular location I prefer to strike from the high ground, and it also lets me sneak up on dragons for a back stab kill with the Blade of Woe

only once managed to sneak attack a dragon to death

funny, I have sneaked up on several. When I attack a particular location I prefer to strike from the high ground, and it also lets me sneak up on dragons for a back stab kill with the Blade of Woe

Oh don't get me wrong, I sneak up on them, just the initial attack isnt enough to kill them with one hit and often they are perched in such a way, I can only attack them with the bow.

Anyways tried out my lv 42 warrior and got no random encounters. I then saw a dragon in the distance at a wordwall i cleared out earlier, fast traveled their and the dragon was just that, a dragon, no ancient/frost/elder/blood nothing. Just a low level dragon :(

...the initial attack isnt enough to kill them with one hit...

The Dark brotherhood has gloves that double the damage done by sneak attacks.So with a weapon like the blade of woe it is quite possible to completely trounce an Ancient Dragon in once hit.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

if i managed to get behind one with my darkelf character she could sneakattack kill a dragon. with 2 legendary enchanted daedric swords base damage is 72 + the +40% 1h damage enchantment (might even have two) + shock + frost enchant combo on one, health + fire on the other. makes one dead dragon with the 7X stealth kill modifier. if i can get behind it, usually i have to come in from the side as i can't hit a dragon from directly behind as the boundary for the object (dragon) seems to be larger than the hit location. So I can only hit the wings or it’s face with blades.

usually i have to come in from the side as i can't hit a dragon from directly behind as the boundary for the object (dragon) seems to be larger than the hit location. So I can only hit the wings or it's face with blades.

that is strange, I haven't had the slightest problem sneaking up on a dragon and attacking directly from behind with a poisoned Blade of Woe.

has anyone fought two dragons at the same time? without resorting to using the console?

because in Dawnstar my charachter had to deal with two ancient Dragons...at the same time.

Wow! This sounds more of a glitch, rather than a random encounter! ^o^